• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Door#3

Heading To Maine

5 posts in this topic

I'll be spending the next week with my family and boat (notice I didn't say boat & family) on the beautiful Maine shore. We'll have a small appt on the water and an all tides dock. Fishing, cruising, and my 20th wedding anniversary are what is happening.

Now lets see if anyony can beat onshore in telling us where Cundy's Harbor is :)

Cundys Harbor is on East Harpswell towards the mouth of the New Meadows river. There is some great fishing to be had there this time of year. The stripers stack up around the island ledges (which are abundant). Absolutley beautiful area! Watch for rocks while in the boat.

Maineskiier is correct...

I just returned from a great week of boating in that area. It is a beautiful area that requires great care when navigating, especially when it is foggy. We didn't do any serious fishing because we focused on exploring.

Some fishing related comments...

There are typically fish hanging around the rocky points when the tide is moving but this week was really slow. In fact, it picked up just as I was leaving, DOH

I explored the mouth of the Kennebeck. This looks like an excellent area with rips all over the place. I was only able to fish it on a COLD water incoming that was not productive but there are serious possibilities there. We did visit Ft Popham and I jumped into the 56 degree water to cool off.

The people we rented from are lobstermen. While we were there the lobster fishing just started to pick up. The lobster "molting routine" is quite late but proceeding.

In summary, we had a great week. The weather in the later part of the week made up for the foggy early start.

Good thing others knew where it was, cause I didn't have a clue. I knew it wasn't in Ipswich bay or on Cape Cod.

I'm going to move this topic to the Maine - Mid Coast forum.