• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scoobe

10/25 report

29 posts in this topic

Looking good on Salty's site Bob. He has some nice looking plugs. The price of the Danny-styles is kinda outrageous since you can get a Gibbs Danny for less (if you can find one)... the results might make it worth it though! How long did it take for shipping? I have a couple obligations this weekend, but I'm going to try and get down on Sat. as early as possible and come back Sun. am... I'll let you know ok.

CharlieA... I just noticed no one reported the specifics you were looking for. Both nights the fish were on and off... they'd go nuts for a half hour then nothing for a while. Really good action from 2hrs before low to slack. I know they were out there in numbers, but they were finnicky. I had several fish on that popped off, which usually doesn't happen... I think there may have been some bump'n'run and tail smacking going on. From what I could gather from my friend and the guy at the B&T there has been a lot of bluefish and mid-range striper blitzing during the day, and smaller numbers of much larger bass at night. Fri. night we didn't see any fish under 36", and Sat. night the range was from 18" to 40"+.

JoeyT... Fresh Pond Rocks eh? Someone's been doing their research, good luck B)

bob, you're fameous...

And midnight. 20 bucks is high for a danny, but it may be worth it if they swim well right out of the box. Many people complain that the Gibbs Danny's take some tweaking to swim well. I have a Beachmaster danny, which are supposed to be better, but are close to 20 as well...

It's only a waste if you snag and loose it quickly. The salty dannys look to be nicer construction than the Gibbs.

-spence

ryan,it took about 4 days,he lives in hudson mass.

maybe you can email him and hook up so you don't

have to wait,he seems pretty cool

bob B)

any danny style swimmer will do. Unforntunately, I won't be fishing in November.I will be busy. But next year, I will try to fish on RI. Scoobe, I hope that you are up to it.