• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tbltoaster

Pro Fisherman

12 posts in this topic

PRO FISHERMAN

I was wondering if you people out there know how ones become a professional fisherman, to me that sounds awesome, besides the fact you have to also know what your doing. Do they become pro by doing a lot tournaments? I wish i could turn on the tv and not see some southerner going dang ol man now thats a humdingin bass n a half. I mean i love watching these shows cause there informative but we need more shows like northeast anglers and that goofy guy that fishes up n down the east coast, forget his name, he was at the northeast fishing and hunting expo. I dont know, im not planning on becoming one or anything because im only 19 and still have got a lot to learn. I was just curious how one becomes one, that sounds like the best job in the world! :lol:

to me being a professional largemouth fisherman

would be boring.it's kinda like the nascar of fishing

just go around and around and around and around

then crash can't see it can't watch it,just lame

bob :lol:

yeah but getting paid to fish!

Freshwater bass tournaments pay big prize money. First you enter an open tourney. Then you win. Then you enter a bigger tourney. Then you win again. Then you get sponsors. That's how you do it.

More likely....

Cough up entry fee. Travel expenses. Boat expenses. Food money. Lose tournament. Find real job.

post-5-1076958842_thumb.gif

yeah, i hate it when that happens! :lol:

If my memory is correct, there was a young fellow on this forum from Andover, MA, who was a pro bass fisherman. He had a site of his own, which was very informative and had a few corporate sponsers. Unfortunatly, I cannot remember his username on this site.

It seems like landing a sponsor is the way one gets their foot in the door of professional fishing. When I was around 14-15, I thought it was the coolest thing, but eventuallyI changed my mind on the whole thing tournaments and all. Enter alot of tournaments and try and place high.

Charlie Moore from Lynnfield seems to be doing ok for himself. Must be a sukky life to be sponsored from ###### to elbow. Puleeze. Get a grip folks. Correction, get a grip people who think that being a pro fisherman would be bad...Iv'e seen it all now. This site must be fairyland in reality if being a pro fish man is a bad thing....classic fukking stupidity....gotta love it.........lol............fukkin a man....lol

-old27

yeah guy! IM WITH YOU! i wouldnt mind having so many sponsors that one of them actually would wipe my ###### after i took a ######. Thats the guy who i was trying to remember his name. Charlie Moore, he was at the fishing expo like two weeks ago. I never saw him but i was there on saturday and saw in the program he was suppose to be there. Who knows, by the way where the hell was that boat they were giving away? I never saw any boat drawing.

The boat was off to the side over near where they were selling pizza. It was a 14 ft smokercraft with a 15HP merc 4 stroke.

I guess I didnt win it.

damn i guess i missed a part of the show cause i didnt see them selling pizza either. Oh well, i heard its going to be in wilmington or some place up north on march 13-14 so i planned on going again to check out the show again. Maybe they'll be raffling off another boat. I doubt it, but man i sure hope so.