• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eel man

Rogue Waves?

10 posts in this topic

ok, I am no rookie when it comes to the ocean but I got to say that I have never seen a so called "rogue" wave until last night. I was out on a fiends boat about two miles off Hampton Beach NH to watch the fireworks (30 foot custom levy). We had been sitting there for about half an hour and it was beautiful, cool air, calm (ish) seas and clear sky. I was sitting in a lawn chair on the back of the boat when two waves, bigger than any other we had seen that night, came rolling at us from a different direction then all the others. I just had enough time to look to side when we went over the first. I thought "wow, good ride", but the second came crashing over the side of the boat and hit me like freight train. Man, water is a lot heavier than people give it credit. I can see how if I was not sitting down in a chair it could have pushed me off the back of the boat with very little effort. After sitting for a brief second of disbelief and reassuring myself that I was not in fact in the water, all I could do was stand up and cheer (much to the entertainment of the other people on board). I was soaked from head to toe.

Anyone else out here ever had any experiences with these "out of nowhere" type of waves?

:o:lol:

first time on nauset with truck. parked at exit 7, this was in april. tide was ok.thought it had already reach peak.about an hr. goes by, all of a suden wave comes in and washes under truck. ohoh, man did i move quick. scared the heck out of me, and my wife.she was sitting and reading at the time.:o

wow.. I was very shocked.. they come out of no where and hit lick a freight train

:cool:

Fishing the back side of joppa yesterday twenty feet from the grass ,turned around:o and here come one of those weird waves ,nearly pushed me into the grass,no harm done just strang how the flats can be calm as a lake,then all of a sudden theire's a white cap on your doorstep:)

what time where you there.. I rode my bike to the point and sat on the wall for a bit on the way back.

I was in and around there about 8.00 am to 10.00 am ,what wall are you talking about ,is that up were they park all those sail boats the grass side I was talking about is the island between joppa and I thnck it's called the parker river and the island has a little wooden shelter on it ,I guess for bird watching ,any way if you saw a 16ft center console starcraft with two guys prowling around the flats thats me ,;)

jetty jumper, you mean woodbridge?

woodbridge island was owned by my wife's GREAT-GREAT grandfather. Not sure if the state has it now, or not. But it's out of the family as far as we know. I believe the shelter there was for duck hucking, not sure. I will double check.