• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
KrisL

10/9-10/10?

33 posts in this topic

I know there is a gathering on Monday, but there was also talk for the weekend. Im hoping to hit the North Shrore, but dont know the area at all. If anyone is heading out let me know. Thanks.

I am heading out Saturday morning. Either Manchester, Pebble or maybe Niles. I want to get together with some of the guys, as it hasn't been in the cards so far this year. Although I don't like too many yaks together, especially if your trolling. I did the drive around last night and found peanuts at Pebble and Niles. I plugged for 20 minuts at both and caught just blues. Niles was beautiful with the sun setting and the water like glass. There must have been 25 anglers at niles at sunset. Lets see who checks in and where they are going, before I decide. I will post around 4 my plans.

Saturday morning with the south wind I'll probably do Niles at first light.Sunday nwwind Pebble,Cape Hedge. Lefty

I think its time to give Pebble some love!! :banana:

I would like to do early am Saturday. 10-15 from the south 2-3feet for the Cape Ann area. Anyone want to meet early at dunkins, maybe around 5:30 am and do a patrol?

Sounds great. We will all meet there. Here is directions to the Dunkins on Eastern Ave.

1) Merge onto MA-128 N toward GLOUCESTER/ROCKPORT. Pass through 2 roundabouts. 15.2 miles Map

2) Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto MA-128. 0.7 miles Map

3) Turn LEFT onto EASTERN AVE/MA-127. 0.5 miles Map

(Dunkin Donuts will be up on your right)

Bring your cold weather gear in case you need it, which you probally will.

Bring wire! lol

I'll plan on meeting at DD provided the pain in my shoulders and neck subsides. Basically, if I'm teher, great, if not don't wait for me.

I'm in for a couple hours!! Football game in Fitchburg 1pm GO FALCONS!!!! :banana: Lefty

hey guys, Im not a kayaker but I just came from manchester harbor and its loaded and I do mean loaded with peanuts... I mean so thick you can walk accross the harbor on them for about 150 yds. millions... all I had though was blues under them....and small blues at that... just an fyi.... I do envy you kayakers.... wish I had one....

:banana: :( :( :D :banana: :banana: :banana:

PUT ON YOUR SEATBELTS BOYS AND GIRLS THINGS ARE GOING TO GET RED HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE DOGS ARE COMING! THE BASS ARE RUNNING!

v78229kb883.jpg

Hey Boys -

Mind if I tag along? I was planning on heading to Pebble tommorrow and visit the family. It would be a nice change of pace to hang with you'all.

So much to learn so little time left!

:banana:

Lady Di

I wish I could make it. I'll be stuck at the elks for a wedding, probably staring at everyone through my binoculars. I may try to sneek across the street with a rod. Can you picture it, waders over a tuxedo :banana:

We launched out of Loblolly cove at 645am. Not many fish around. Marked some on the finder but no hits. Pebble was a little choppy for the groups taste. Wind was up at 10-15 from the southwest. Fished for a couple of hours and banged one schoolie out of 5 anglers. Di and Gary stayed and worked the Straits. The rest of us jumped ship and went to Manchester. The wind and chop was a factor at Manchester. But we made the best of it. Loads of schoolies outside the Manchester Harbor area towards Lobster Cove. Small plastics in white and bucktail jig was the most productive. Score one blue in the 6-7lb range. Loads of schoolies caught but no keepers on our end. I hope Rich, Di and Gary made out well. The question of the day.......Where are the big fish??????

I'm going out Sunday am from manchester probably from park in back of harbor-

Didn't get out today but just swung by harbor a little why ago, and it is absolutley loaded with peanut bunker- nothing hitting them but hopefully something will be by tomorrow.

Jeff,

Glad Kris and you found fish. I worked the flats by the islands before I gave up; each cast debris on the fly and I just did not have the gas to head out to the other islands.

When I was leaving backed into the stone wall behind my truck; need a bit of bumper work. :banana: Stupid me!

For all who missed the kayak run and gun, we got out of the water at Loblolly, carried the boats loaded, tied down to trucks beating feet to Manchester. We DEFINITELY need lighter boats.

I'm pooped Watching Twins and Yankees and Twins are up at the moment.

That was definately a tough wind today! Going up the highway the wind was howlin out of the sw.It's tough around here when it blows that way.It was nice to meet you guys this morning,wish I could have stuck around longer.Rich and John those are some slick rigs.One of those just went on my wish list.Jeff brings up a good question" where are the big fish".The last big fish I've caught were at first light.As the sun came up the trend went to the smaller fish.I know Jeff and Gumbo did well the night they fished Manchester.I'm thinkin the bigger fish are feeding at night.No boat traffic and plenty of bait.I've noticed that the smaller fish have stopped feeding as soon as it gets dark.I fished every night this week and that has been the case.Fish crashin bait right onto dry land and 10 min.later its dark and they just stop.The tides were favorable with plenty of water for the bigger fish to come inside.No boats,no pressure, no competition for food. While fishing the area's we've marked big fish just couldnt get them to eat. I dont know!I'll let you know.I'll be there at 4am Lefty

No huge fish, but still a fun day on the water. I dont know about you Ridler but Im still feeling those rollers!

It was nice seeing/meeting everyone today. Lefty...I owe you. You escaped without any reimbursement. Thanks again! BTW, I did catch a fish on every worm...just nothing with size.

This was my first time to that area. Beautiful. Maybe I'll pick up one of those little places on the water! LOL!

FYI - The mouth of Manchester Harbor had some "decent" sized bass this morning. Nothing spectacular, but a couple of keepers. Deveraux had some small fish, as did Lynn Beach. I'll be out in the morning, in search of DINNER!