• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CharlieA

River's End Fish Report

1 post in this topic

updated by Pat on Friday, October 29th,2004

Striped Bass- They're rounding up and gathering in tighter schools as they get ready to migrate. I think its far from over, however theres a lot of empty space in between schools. Don't get dicouraged if you hit a lull. Also we all have a tendency to chase the schools and breaking fish. Keep in mind that the larger bass are in deeper waters and near shore at night.

Locally the Race and Plum Gut are consistent for better bass on night tides and some day trips for those drifting bucktails and eels. Long Sand Shoal has been kind for eel drifters and chunkers. Theres been a few bass at Southwest Reef if you can get through the blues. Theres still schoolie at the Causeway mixed in with hickory shad and the same for the Old Lyme beaches.

The RI South Shore has a lot of school bass running along and just off the beaches from the Breachways to Napatree, what they lack in size they make up for in visual effects.

Bluefish- I'm not a sales agent for the Race and Plum Gut but you can't beat those locations for diamond jigging big blues. They're also at Southwest Reef, Black Point and Long Sand Shoal. Chunkers in the River are scoring with blues up to mid-teens in size.

From shore the best bet is the RI Beaches where they were assaulting Watch Hill and the surround beaches this morning.

Hickory Shad- They're good in the Connecticut River and Niantic . Bunker are in Branford, Clinton and Guilford Harbors.

Bonito and Albies - A few reports earlier this week from Plum Gut and Groton Long Point.

Blackfish- Its happening. A lot of improved catches from Black Point, Cornfield Point and Southwest Reef.

Winter Flounder- No word yet.

Porgies- Season is closed until November 1st.

Not much new info, and mostly for boaters, but the news about where to get fresh shad and/or bunker is good :(

River's End Website