• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CharlieA

River's End Report

7 posts in this topic

updated by Pat on Friday, November 19th,2004

Striped Bass- Its not over, with the forecast for light winds and cloudy days it would be premature to hang up the rods yet. Its going to be a long winter get as much time on the water while you can. Theres concentrations of mostly minute to 24" bass at the Thames and Connecticut Rivers. Harkness Park has had some better bass mixed in with the smaller ones.Schoolies are at Inner Southwest Reef. Earlier reports also had good numbers of schoolies off Napatree Point, mostly out of casting range. Early reports from the Race and Gut have been good, with blues making way for bass. Long Sand Shoal has benn good for eel drifters

The Causeway has small bass access from shore.

Bluefish- They're thinning out, still some being caught on bait off the Westbrook beaches. A few monsters are taking bait at the Shoal. Some are still at the Race and Gut.

Hickory Shad- They're mixed in with the bass at the Causeway.

Blackfish- Reports from Southwest Reef in the last few days have been dissapointing. Some limits of decent sized blacks have been reported but the fast and furious November Run hasn't materialized yet. Better reports are coming from Fishers Island Sound such as Latimers Reef, and some of the smaller rockpiles off Waterford.

kinda strange that blues are still around

it's late in the season and i would think it

would be winding down but it still looks like

we have a couple of more weeks if you want

to drive for two hours, which i don't mind

bob B)

Hey Charlie. Which side of the thames would be better to fish. Harkness or Bluff Point. Are there any good spots up inside. I have read reports about the thames but have never fished there

I haven't been a big Thames fisher. I know lots of guys prefer the access from the western side because of all the state parks. I've poked around Harkness and Ocean beach -but most of my fishing of that river comes in Feb/Mar/April further up around Norwich.

Most guys who do a lot in the Thames go by boat - although guys who put in a lot of time find nooks to fish on the river. I've never put in the time on that river to really answer your question.

Is the upper thames usually a daytime or night bite. Sounds very similar to thePro River. Which has a better night bight.