• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CharlieA

64.25# fish just landed CT

19 posts in this topic

418ALsMonster.jpg

Here's the scoop - today at around 7:30am on my last day before taking my boat out of the water I headed to a spot east of Clinton where I have been having good luck with Stripers. On my second drift three waying eels I caught the big one. After 10 minutes of an unbelievable run ( the fish almost spooled me) I got it to the side of the boat & couldn't believe the size - I knew it had to be a 50+ pounder. Once I got it into the boat I packed up and headed to my home port of Clinton. It seemed to take forever but finally... the official stats are 64.25 lbs., 55 1/2 inches, ane 31 1/2 girth. I finally got my monster fish!

Here's the link with more info and a few more pic's.

Link

WOW!!

Fish of a lifetime. Lucky guy :fish:

what a nice fish, i would mount that fish.

eels in the day time, who would have known

i bet he still isn't over the excitement.

that is the fat lady and she just sung

bob :lol:

VERY very nice..I would mount that fish. I literally might want to mount it!! Damn. What a girth !!!!!!!...And good point-in the daytime.!!!

That thing is enormous. It's got the same waist size as me, for God's sake.

I want one.

Can you tell me a fish of that weight, does it fight really really hard, or it just feels heavy and you have to drag it more rather that fighting it?

Oh yeah, CONGRATS !! :lol:

Can you tell me a fish of that weight, does it fight really really hard, or it just feels heavy and you have to drag it more rather that fighting it?

Oh yeah, CONGRATS !! :lol:

No clue, but from his story it say it just about spooled him, and he was in a boat. So, I'd say it was a little more than hauling 65# up.

nice fish. why did he keep it?

Don't know. For the glory and the meal I suppose. More the former than the latter I'd wager.