• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
bassnbear

Newbie to the board

23 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to Quickly introduce myself to the board.

My name it Bob, Live in Hamden Ct, and i have become dependent on fishing the surf. :lol: Fished the sweetwater for bass (LMB and SMB) for the last 30 years with a little saltwater fishing mixed in but ended up getting infected with the Striper virus this past year and can't seem to shake it! I can see by the posts that many of you are in the same boat so I would be honored to be a part of this great support group and hope to be able to contribute to this great site.

Keepem Tight,

Welcome Bob,

I also used to fish for lmb but now they are like fishing for sunfish. Fishing for stripers is more involved and there is so much to learn. The rewards can be great. Finding the fish is half the battle catching a big one is another story. Please share some tales with us and let us know surf or boat and what type of action there is in CT. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, I got relatives in E. Hampton.

You got some nice sweet water in that area.

I've fished the Niantic/Waterford area a few times.

The Striper Virus leads to "Stripah Fevah".

Good luck to ya.

Welcome Bob,

I used to play hockey against some pretty good Hamden teams. Glad to have you on board and go get some of those local holdover stripers for us ;-)

Guyton

Welcome Bob. Finally someone else from CT. Just remember, RI and MA have all the fish. We don't get any action down here, right. :lol:

Thanks Guys...Right on Charlie, No fish here...especially in the Housy. :P

Welcome to the site!

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Once I caught a striper I forgot all about the largemouth and became hooked (sorry about the pun) on chasing the striped ones. Again welcome to the board and we look forward to the reports come spring.. :P

I guess that I should maybe have done what bassnbear did. My mom says that this is not a good site and I can't visit anymore. I think it is sometimes funny but my mom says it is mean. Happy striper fishing to you all. I am only 12 but maybe when I get older I can come back. My Dad gave me a Penn 6500 That is why I am called pennlova. I love it when me and him go fishing. He said maybe this year he will drive on Plum Island and we can spend the night. But I gotta go before my mom sees me.

Wow, I am very impressed that a 12 year old has an autographed copy of Dead man Tapping..your Mom is probably right. This board is great but might be too much for you. Also, if you read Linda Greenlaws books "years ago" you must have been a toddler. Lets just get back to what the site is about..fishing. Most people on here love to fish and don't need the games and the baloney like this ridiculous post.

Welcome Bassnbear

Welcome to the site :fish:

I used to catch occasional largemouth bass when I was a kid. That was fun fishing: they could really wallop a surface plug hard.

Striper fishing is even better, at least for me. And of course there's the added excitement of skates and doggies...what's not to like?

Welcome. This site's an excellent place to share info and learn.

Pennlova, you are only 12 and you own a F250 for driving on the island ?

Quote: I sent a letter tatoobob. I don't know if I helped any. It seems as though all is well,

by the posts here anyway. When do you think we will know anything?

From what I read in the posts and papers it doesn't seem like they will stop drive on fishing. I am sure I will have more questions when the final answer comes in. I want to get my F250 ready.

:lol: :P

I guess that I should maybe have done what bassnbear did. My mom says that this is not a good site and I can't visit anymore. I think it is sometimes funny but my mom says it is mean. Happy striper fishing to you all. I am only 12 but maybe when I get older I can come back. My Dad gave me a Penn 6500 That is why I am called pennlova. I love it when me and him go fishing. He said maybe this year he will drive on Plum Island and we can spend the night. But I gotta go before my mom sees me.

:P I guess there's those type on this board too! Happy Striper fishing to you too.