• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest ridler72

Hey lefty and others

38 posts in this topic

July 10th will work but I have also been working on the June 19th date as well. I can probably make June 19th but not at the crack of dawn since I have to be in Manchester CT on Sat the 18th for the night.

If this isn't going to start that early then this may not be an issue. What time do you think this will be starting?

Guyton

Guyton,I'm thinking 8 a.m. High tide is at 930 am.Probably wont launch till around 9.Lefty

LOL Kris. Time is so so important for big bass.....then again just when I have it figured out I am wrong again!

Earlier in the morning or the month?The fish might not have settled in if we go too early in the month.Sponsors!! I'm hoping 10 guys show up!Remember Columbus Day.12 were coming 1 showed up. We have to crawl before we walk.Lets see if the interest keeps up. Lefty

Sure lefty....any help let me know. :)

I was saying earlier in the morning. No, not earlier in the month. If anything I suggest the following month after the 4th. The last few years big bass were pushing up thru the canal and outer cape in June.

Well, I've been following this thread with interest.

I would love to join ya for the purpose of a general get together of yak fishers.

(That's if you don't pick on me and my SIK) LOL :)

I'm personally not into tournaments/competitions, but, would love the opportunity to: visit a new spot, put some faces with the names, paddle around, take some pictures and take a few casts.

Guyza,that was my intention when I first brought this up.I wanted to set a solid date and place far enough ahead so guys could mark it on a calendar and plan to be there if they wanted to get together and fish and after maybe set up a grill or get some seafood and have a few cold ones on a picnic table.More of a put faces to names get together than a competition.Winner gets a jackalope trophy or a picture of a horse's a$$.Honestly if 8 guys with yaks showed up I would be thrilled.I was hoping I could couple this get together with the " Battle of the Websites" after my" election" as rep for the Surfcaster team.It being March and everone with the Shack Nasties has visions of DVD's, Sponsors,Safety Patrols,Raffles,Commitee Boats and yak demos! :) I'd be happy with 8 guys with yaks and a grill! Lefty

Lefty...Its a good idea to set a date nice and early. I think you'll have a pretty good turn out.

Its all good lefty. We are just trying to provide information and help in anyway we can. It sounds like your all set.

When you mention words like "tournament" in your first postings about this, its a little more then just a get together with a grill.

I have been down to Florida for a yakfishing "tournament". And I thought that the experience could help you.

When you discuss your plans on a forum for other members too see, you will get feedback.

Wether it is cold cuts on bread or sh*t on a shingle, if there are yakkers getting together I would be there too. ;)

Lefty, I hope I can join in too but it depends on the date. I've got a wedding at the end of June to go to and my family is on vacation the second week of July. But vacation is at Plymouth Harbor so I will be yak fishing that area a bunch for a week. Even though it is not far away from the north shore it is a family reunion week and I don't know if I can break away for a whole day. If anyone has any tips for fishing Plymouth let me know.

Regardless I aim to fish with old and new buddies on the water this coming season and I want to explore some new waters. Fortunately I am not going stir crazy since I love alpine and nordic skiing. Last year my first trip yak fishing was in the Mystic River in March with Riddler. You know you want to fish bad when you fish in raw sewage! (heavy rains had just made all the sewers overflow straight into the river)

Not much posting from me this winter but I still check in most every day to see what is going on. Thanks for the reading and see you guys soon.

Jeff,This being my first tournament I need all the help I can get! I have zero experience in organizing something like this. ;) The talk of sponsors and raffles scared me a little.I do think it's a little early to call ESPN though! :o Tom it's good to hear from you again.If you can't make this one I'm sure that there will be others.Hopefully we will get a chance to fish soon!! After this winter and not yak fishing for 5 months,Mystic runoff in March sounds like Monomoy in May :o Lefty