• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lefty

Buckle up!

11 posts in this topic

Reel-time and KFS are getting it together.Do we want to couple the 2 events or keep them separate.Have the Internet Battle at another date and have a Surfcaster event on June 19? Lefty

I read that on RT...that is great news...I like Rileys rules...pretty cool. I better start fly fishing more....lefty I need help!!!!!!

They have to let spin rods in! Not everyone has a fly rod.Also fishfinders.I think everything except TNT should be allowed. ;) Lefty

I think any legal method of catching them should be allowed.... as long as the playing field is level. If someone shows up with a livewell full of live herring and not willing to share, that would be a little off but any bait that is easily available like chunk or live eels should be allowed.

The host site gets to pick time, place and choice of weapons.That's the way it was set up.Reel-time set their conditions for their leg of the tourney.When they come to us we call the shots.Lefty

Hey Lefty & Ridler

Since my summer calendar is filling up fast, I penciled in June 19, per your previous posts, as a potential date for a yak fishing get together/tournament.

Good luck on arrangements, planning, etc. and will look forward to more details as the date approaches.

If I can help, let me know.

Thanks for your efforts.

June 19 will be a go no matter what! Still dont know if we will run the 2 events together.I think if KFS has their meet in June we should go later say aug.-Sept for our leg of the tourney.Either way June 19 will be a Yakfest/tournament on Cape Ann. Lefty

Looking forward to it Lefty and unless some one really feels we need a committee boat I am going to forgo this and just show up with my Yak.

-guyton

Guyton I dont see the need for anything other than you and your yak! ;) Lefty