• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
RUSTYHOOK

Hello!

11 posts in this topic

I just wanted to introduce myself to the kayak forum. My real name is Mark. I've been lurking in the forums for a few months trying to get some tips. I finally have my Tarpon 140 rigged up with all the goodies you guys recommend and ready for spring. I went out in Winthrop a few times at the end of last season experimenting with the tube and worm and casting my fly rod from the kayak. I was just starting to get the hang of it when winter came. I haven't caught a monster yet, but hope to this year.

I see you guys are trying to organize a tourney/get together and would love to join if there is room. If there are any other get togethers or if anyone is looking for someone to join them and not bothered by a newbie tagging along to learn from the pros ;), I'm in.

Thanks for all the info everyone puts on here. Great site and forums! It has been very helpful in getting started.

Welcome Rustyhook! Glad to see you out here. This sport is great and full of wonderful prizes! I am glad you got some help out off the board. We all learn from each other. ;)

Welcome Mark! There's always room for another yakker.Lefty

Welcome Mark!

We look forward to reports on your progress and tips you will also provide. About the only thing we don't have is a addicted yakker support group ;-) Or maybe we do ???? If your ever planning on heading up to Cape Ann for some yak fishing feel free to give a shout or PM. Hopefully we'll see you on June 19th at Stage Fort Park in Gloucester for the get together/tournament

-guyton

Yes, welcome to ya.

Guyton is right-on about this being an "addicted Yakker support group". ;)

mark your all done..

welcome to the 12 step program.. the guys here are addicted.. your in good company..

Welcome Mark. Look forward to hearing your reports. Keep an eye on the board, as there are always guys getting together to fish.