• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest ridler72

REMINDER***** Its cold water out there

23 posts in this topic

The first day on the water today and I decided that it was a good time to get off the kayak and take a short swim in the cold weather gear. I was able to swim and got a few droplets that came in from underneath. I will add another hodgeman belt that will also aid in back support.

post-38-1112577162_thumb.jpg

That is a great shot! Did you practice getting back on the P13 or were you mostly checking the dry setup? Who took the shot?

Mark took that when I met him on the bank. LOL You can see my face as 40 degree water droplets touched my back. No self rescue. Just from the bank and push into the water. I am over my head and you can see how the PFD and drytop puffed with air keeps you up high.

As my Italian in-laws would say" Why you maka da face" :P Lefty

Jeff, you need to buy a fancy fedora. I nderstand the attachment to certain head gear, superstitions, luck, etc.

I used to fish with a guy many years ago in his boat. Now if you lost your hat during a fishing trip we'd perform a brief search for it. I lost mine once on a cloudy day. Sun came out later and I'm hair challenged; took me three weeks for my head to stop peeling. When the boat owner lost his hat we almost called the coasties.

If that's the Mystic River you are in,you better boil those clothes :P :wub:

That hat's got a cool "fedora" look to it. Soon you in your hat may be more recognisable than Mark Sosin in his, or Bill Dance in his Tennessee baseball cap.

Not that this applies at all, really but Remember Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack as he walks into the Bushwood Pro shop with his friend Wang(No Offense...):

"Why, that's the ugliest looking hat I ever saw...you get a free bowl of soup with that thing?"

(turns and sees Ted Knight w/the same hat on...)

"but it looks good on YOU though...!" :P :wub: :wacko: :rolleyes: But I digress....

fishercat Posted on Apr 4 2005, 09:57 AM

You look like one of the blues brothers. 

post-38-1112674464_thumb.jpg

:P That's were I know him from.

That poster is %$%$@# Hilarious!

Just buildin' the legend of the Ridler.....Post by Post! :P

:P :wub: :wacko: :rolleyes: That poster is some funny #$%^%$!!!!!

I have a serious question related to the original thread though. I just got my dry top fro STP today and when i tried it on I thought i would pass out from the blood being cut off to my brain before i could get it off!!!!! I thought i remember reading a thread about how to stretch the seals out a little, but can't find it now.

SOOOOOO, how do you make the seals to fit without cutting off circulation. The wya it is right now, i'd take my chances drowning first!

First, this thread's hillarious. I needed a good laugh after another fun filled day at work :P

Pa Hillbilly - a couple of things you can do to stretttttttch the neck on the dry top. Stretch the neck gasket over a big mayo jar or coffee can. However, only lasts for a while. Also, you can trim the gasket with a very sharp pair of scissors, but only remove a wee bit of rubber at a time testing each time for proper fit. After a trim I'd stand in the shower or go jump in a lake insuring no water goes down your neck.

Finally, you can purchase bigger neck gaskets from NRS and some photos for replacing gaskets. http://www.nrsweb.com/repair/gasket_replacement.asp

This really is Laugh by myself @ the desk with people looking @ me like I'm Psychotic Funny.

Don't lose the hat Riddler! , It's Legend....

Hey Average Joe, can you incorporate the Riddler Fedora in his "Kayakfishing baby..." TM Logo?

PA, Trim it down like Rich said....