• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lefty

Mystic River!

31 posts in this topic

The highlite of sun. on the Mystic.Going thru the locks to the salt.Jeff,Mark and Bigfoot.

post-38-1113210799_thumb.jpg

Waiting in the lock.Jeff and Mark.

post-38-1113211160_thumb.jpg

DAAAAAMMMMNNN!!!!

Jeff I must have just missed your post on Sunday. I checked the board in the morning and then left to do other things! How did you guys do?

One of these days i am going to get down there! I have a buddy coming up this weekend to do some fishing maybe then?????

I have been spoiled since the first day of spring usually 6-12 on a good day. Nothing! Zipped! Bigfoot nailed a few but the fish were very hard to come by. A lot of debri floating around, the usual trash. The wind was changing direction every couple of hours. I think the bass were just as confused. These are the days when changing areas around the mystic is a must.

We didnt see any herring around on the salt side. Reports have come in of scattered schools trying to make there way into the lockes. If herring came in and went up river, wich is a possibility, bass will follow them up river. If I get blanked again and more herring reports come, I will more towards the locke gates or way up river.

nice pics

i caught a couple on either side but they were pretty small. with the changing wind direction it was hard to figure out where they would be. hopefully the herring show up soon