• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Guest ridler72

Jamaica Bay Fishing Tournament

69 posts in this topic

I'll be heading straight down I-91 and have to make a decision. Do I want to continue on down to I-95 or near Hartford is the cut off for I-84 to I-684 missing New Haven, Bridgeport, and Stamford. Are any of you familiar enough with these two routes to suggest one over the other. I'll be heading out of here about 3 or 4 am on Friday which would put me in Hartford / New Haven area around 6 or so.

Thanks, Roger

NH thats a high traffic time for the lower CT area at 6am- 10am You may miss it. I hope to go thru that area after 10am and miss the bulk of traffic. Its bad enough to hit it in New York.

Gary -

I'm up for camping and am supplied with various types and sizes of tents, grills, and coolers. I too am planning on taking Friday off. May I join your convoy?

If things are really rough I can always find a place to stay when we get there. I think it will be key to scope the area out prior to saturdays event.

Lady Di

Hey Riddler -

To whom to we provide our vehicle make, model and plate numbers to? Wt. Ford Explorer Sport (BFERAL)

Thanks

Di, absolutely, I am driving the wifes van, and Lefty is working the co pilot duties. (Radio, directions and occasional obscenities) Hopefully we can have all of the New England "guys" camping together, as those are the people that I would like to meet. FYI, lefty is only bringing fly rods, so you will have company on the water. I will be looking for deeper water to drag the tube :D

I just got an email from Joey @ KFS. The contact info has changed to camp at Floyd Bennet Field. I will leave an email here to send info. You must send your first and last name, your address, your vehicle make, and plate state and number. You will recieve a permit in the mail. Do this as soon as possible.

john_daskalakis@nps.gov <<<this should be the correct email

Finding good worms for the tube will be tough. Most worms out there wil be mushy and wont stay on the hook.

Guyza,

There is a company up near you that grows monster worms. Do you know the name? Could be Sea Bait?

Here is one: Maine Bait

I know Mark emailed the parkranger. If you are going to camp at Floyd Bennet Field send an email, two posts back, to the ranger and he will send you back a permit and you will be on the list.

RE: Camping Floyd Bennet

Name and address

Year and make of vehicle, color

your plate and state.

on directions.. those who can might consider while in Conn., taking the Merritt (RT15) through the lower part of the state. You pick it up off 91 below Hartford near Meridan, and it drops you on 287 very near the intersection of 91. It a pretty ride, though a narrow two lane road, but more important.. it's a parkway so there are no trucks! 95, which I just rode to Rye a few days ago, was, er, unpleasant.

Hey Riddler, thanks for the sea worm link. However, it’s not up right now.

Called several shops in So. Me/NH. Nobody has them in stock, yet.

Seems ironic that sea worms are harvested in Maine, yet, I can’t find any for sale.

Any of you folks plan on the TnW for Jam Bay?

I posted this one KFS responding to someone's comment re: a convoy -

Someone mention a convoy? The original - http://www.lyricsfreak.com/c/c.w.-mccall/26575.html

http://www.gaspig.com/convoy.htm Yes, it plays the song for you

You guys remember these songs? http://www.super70s.com/Super70s/Music/Novelty_Songs.asp OK, some of us remember them

I must be nuts for posting these links, I can hear Lefty and Gary singing in the van :banana:

I did it yesterday thru KFS

Gary I would send it to the ranger just to be sure.

Saw some nice pics of fish available.Awesome weakfish.Breaker 1-9 Marko you got your ears on!! :banana: Lefty

Breaker 1-9 Marko you got your ears on!!

Uhhh, me? Ummm, yeah?? :banana:

That 7 day looks promising. I wonder how acurate long range forcasts are fo NY.

Must have been before your time! :banana: I keep forgeting how young you guys are :huh: Lefty

Friday and Saturday look good so far. 70 degree air temps, sunny and water temps in the 60 degree range. Perfect fishing weather. Lets see what happens.

213549.jpg

Starring: GRH as "the rubber ducky". I want to be pig pen.

That was a great movie. Blast from the past.

Jeff, I sent the info to the ranger, got the info off of KFS. My copilot will be "handlin" the radio. Bring your 2 way radios, I think there is going to be alot of trash talkin going on out there. Over and out.

Hopefully, Mother Nature will be kind to us this weekend.

She has washed out our last 3 weekends!

And, oh yeah, may the stripah gods be good to all of us.

Whats up guys. What time do we want to leave? Its is easy for Mark and I to get on the pike thru Eastie and have no traffic. The main goal, I would think would be to miss morning traffic down in lower CT. Bridgeport etc. From what I read it usually lets up around 10 am.

Gary, you and lefty will be coming down 128 south to the pike right? There is a rest stop right shortly after that. Do you want to meet there?

That would be the first rest stop off of the mass pike once we get on at 128. Sounds good! I am thinking of leaving around 6-7 am on Friday, that should put us there at 8ish, thru Conn around 10 and at Brooklyn at noon.

That would be the first rest stop off of the mass pike once we get on at 128.

FYI, it's about 1 mile past the route 30 (Framingham) exit. There's a Honey Dew donuts drive thru, McD's drive thru & other stuff inside. No, I'm not on the pike much :banana: . Does anybody else have a fastlane transponder?