• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smel09

Norwalk CT

4 posts in this topic

Hey all~

I normally fish up in the southern Maine area but am going to be in Norwalk on Monday for work and am thinking of heading down early to get my first casts of th season in. I was wondering what the fishing is like in the area, and where a few good spots would be to take a few casts. Any help would be greatly appreciated as i am not familiar with the area.

Thanks

Naa, no fish :D

Easiest spot to get access to is the town docks. Do a mapquest on Chelsea Harbor Drive, Norwich. Parking is good (given the circumstances in Norwich with the bridge under repair).

You could also follow the Shentucket River (river that RT 2 goes over) north to the Greenville Dam; or follow RT 2 south.

Follow RT 2 south to the "Fish Connection" and ask for a decent spot. He will point you to a cove that may produce depending on tide.

Most guys are using 4-10" plastics (sluggos, storms, etc).

Remember, you need a licence to fish that area. Good luck!

I don't know Norwich that well but used to spend allot of time at Calf Pasture park in Norwalk. I think they will let out of towners in for a parking fee and there's some decent shore access from all points around the park. It's a great place to launch a Yak from and a quick paddle to the nearby Islands. There was allways a decent sand bar that formed over near the Coast Guard building and sailing school. This was all about 18 years ago so I'm sure things have changed allot as far as the structure. I was born in Norwalk Hospital and grew up in that area so I spent a fair amount of time there. You could practically walk across the harbor on the bunker they were so thick!

Sea View Park which is closer to town in So. Norwalk also used to have a bunch of guys fishing there and you could park for free. It's a little further up the harbor and may be better this time of year.

Good luck

post-20-1114969861_thumb.jpg

Sorry - I guess I can't read. I gave you tips on NORWICH, not NORWALK.

Only spot I hear discussed down that way is the Housatonic River, which has lots of holdovers and a herring run.

No details, thou - sorry.