• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest ridler72

Mcattardo and the Riddler

7 posts in this topic

Back!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :huh: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: First fresh fish of the season for us today.

We launched the inner Boston Haba today at 12:30 pm. Went to the hot spot and casted small plastics. First couple were holdovers with no sea lice. Next few casts revealed a nice size fish in the 30" range, as it got closer I started to see sea lice all over the eyes and tail area. Loaded with sea lice. I tried to hang on to it as I yelled at Mark to come over and check it out. It rolled and the hook came out. Where there is one there was more. We tossed over into the mud flats where worms have been plentiful, I hooked up again with another fish of similar size. This time I landed it. As it came closer it emptied its stomach out of Sea Worms and 1 herring. It feels like Christmas! Measured 30" on the button, nice and healthy and showing a ton of little brown critters. What a battle on 10 lb power pro and 15lb leader.

We stayed in the area scoring schoolies that were also carrying some sea lice.

Dont you feel like dancing?

Let the games begin!

Riddler,Were did you launch from?I was there today all over the harbor inner and outer.I saw a couple yaks but they were Sit in's and I know you sail SOT's.

Apparently I still have a few things to learn about the Harbor as I couldn't find any action.I was however moving around allot today.I was just scouting and running the bugs out of the motor. If you see a Blue and white 18' Starcraft running around like he's lost being driven by a guy in a cowboy hat that'll be me.Just flag me down and say hi. :banana:

Nice!!! :banana: Nothing like fresh fish to brighten up the day! Jam Bay in 7 days.They're getting some really nice fish down there.I cant wait!Lefty

:banana: :huh: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I'm surprised everyone in a 20 mile radius didn't come to see what Riddler was yellin about. :lol:

And it was nice breaking my skunk streak too. :bluefish:

Great!!!!

Now just push them a little further north!!!!!!! :banana:

Nice job guys. I've been putting in my time down in RI. Have been doing well. Most fish in the 20" range, but all bright with sea lice. Should be seeing the bigger fish soon.