• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CharlieA

River's End Fish Report for CT and RI

1 post in this topic

updated by Pat on Friday May 29th, 2005

STRIPED BASS- The mouth of the River had been good earlier in the week along Great Island to the Breakwater and indications yesterday and this morning look like theres still some bass here but not as many. On the plus side they're bigger, up to 40". Its now important to fish the outgoing current and during low light conditions. They're hitting better on the surface than earlier in the month, don't ignore the deeper water around Essex where leadheads are workng better.

The Race and Plum Gut have bass, but not in great numbers as of yesterday. They're hitting on day and night tides and trolling or drifting is working. Theres bait there with birds working around the Rock, hopefully they'll turn on soon.

For you shorebound guys, its been slow on local beaches, head East. Napatree has had some good action for fish up to 30".

BLUEFISH- Theres been some mixed sizes of blues at the mouth of the River. Most are being caught on surface lures meant for bass. They've been at the Race and Gut in fair numbers.

FLOUNDER- Still slow to very slow. Theres been a few taken at the River Mouth, with most anglers scoring near zero.The Waterford Beaches have given up a few big ones and inside Niantic has a few more.

WHITE PERCH- A few from the Lieutenant River and DEP Piers.

FLUKE- Montauk is still the best bet with most boats scoring limit catches and a doormat or two thrown in. Isabella is still slow and the reports from Greenport and Mattituck have been sporadic. We should start seeing some local fluke this week.

THE FLAT OUT FLUKE CONTEST HAS STARTED WITH AN 8.35 POUNDER LEADING

THE HOSPICE FLUKE CONTEST STARTS TODAY

BLACKFISH- Season closes on May 1st to June 14th

PORGIES- Season opens on July 1st