• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest ridler72

Boston Haba 5/28

4 posts in this topic

I set up to launch from Winthrop Public Landing at 2pm. Everything was calm until I was ready to launch. The Southwest kicked up and it would have been miserable to fish around Logan. Packed up real quick and head to outter harbor. On the incoming side of the bar fish were holding in deep water off the bar in about 20 feet. I found one school and stayed on it and nailed bass up too 32" on Santini Tube. The school spread out and I lost em. I did passes on the bar and picked up schoolies here and there and some tiny atlantic cod that were brave enough to go for the tube. Had some surface boils on the top spooking fish. Fishing was sporadic schoolies and small cod until the change of the tide.

At the time bass flooded the north side of the Bar, I met Spanky who passed me and said hi. He was on the way out to the can. I guess he was on an adventure.

I stayed on the north side picking off schoolies here and there and then saw another paddler ACaffery. I told him what was happening below as they did not have fish finders.

I found a nice school of bass and nailed the biggest so far for me this year at 36 1/2". I stayed on this school for an hour and every pass with the tube there was a fish on. Scored a dozen on this school from 30" to 36".

NOAA alert came in around 6 pm for T-stom warning and the clouds were rolling in from the West. I turned around to the other guys but they were far away.

I met spanky when I was all packed up and he had a mishap on the water. I will let him tell the story.

I will be back there Sunday for more.

post-47-1117330686_thumb.jpg

nice :wacko:

Great day Jeff-thanks for the good post! I will be there tomorrow. Let me know if you can pick up some extra worms and when you are going. Between house and lawn chores I got the yak ready to launch!