• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lefty

Glou. Harbor Ten Pound Island

2 posts in this topic

Played sick today from work.Should have looked out the window before I made that call!!!Duh! Southwest wind and plenty of it.Have to make the best of it.Got worms an headed to Rockport.Yeah Baby! Front Beach to Straitsmouth right under the wind.Iget there at 10 45 no parking available every space taken except the resident spots.Grr. Back to Glou.,Niles Beach nope all full.finally put in East Glou. Square.Gonna have to paddle a bit to get to 10 pound Island .Put the tube out at Rocky Neck Railways 10 strokes 24" fish.Set again get another.Make 4 passes -4 fish all the same size.Pull the rod and paddle to Paint Factory.two drifts two fish 16to 18".Pull rod paddle to Smiths cove.Hung up on lobster pot.Lose tube! Braid is tough. Had the pot almost to the yak before 30 flouro leader parted.Reset rig and paddle to the Island.Make a pass on East side 1 small fish.Paddle around to West side ( channel side) and play wave tag for the next 2 hours from all the commercial boat traffic.Some off those fishing boats can really kick it up!! :D Did manage to get some sets in.Had 1 fish close to 30"and 1 at 31".Out of worms at 315. Marked fish all the way back to launch site.Never took the flyrod out of the holder.Best day in a long time for me :wacko: .Water temp 59F. Lefty

Got to love those sea worms. :D

I have been having more luck with bait than with lures lately.

It's time to "Go to the Darkside"! :wacko: