• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fish4200

fishing P.I. sat night - any suggestions

6 posts in this topic

Fishing P.I. sat night/Sunday am, looking for advice on where and when to go, what bait is being used currently... Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jeff

hey dude, read some of the posts in the "north shore" forum and you find tons of PI info.

I think the word on the street is that clams are herring chunks are working.

check out martha's fishing report or stop in at surfland and get the latest info....

Went out last night with my son, his first "night time" outing. We went down to the Jetty on the PI side to catch the outgoing tide. What I've noticed this year is the jetty never really gets exposed like it use to. In previous years you could walk along the jetty at the base with a fair amount of sand under your feet at low tide. We use to be able to get out about 50 to 75 yards but not this year. Didn't feel like risking the boy's life jumping rocks so we stayed right at the start of the jetty.

Any how we were using worms, clams and tinker mack chunks. EEEEEEEEEEEXXXXXXXXXTTTTTTTTTTRRRRRRRRRREEMMMMEEEEELLLLLYYYYY slow action, 7 tiny schoolies the entire night and we were down there for almost 4 hours. If we had as many fish biting as we did skeeters and midges it would of been a decent night. Still had fun as my son caught one more than I did but he's not rubbing it in to badly. Capped of the night with a midnight run through Burger King which he tought was the coolest.

The schoolies (when they were around) were picking our hooks clean - I'll never use sea worms again at night, what I pain in the back-side! Like threading a needle with your eyes closed and they never stay on. B) :lol: ;)

Thanks for the info NHDAD. I'm saddened to hear it so slow right now. We'll see what happens. We'll be throwing mack chunks too. I may bring some eels too if I can em.