• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zippy

new members or lurkers?

26 posts in this topic

Welcome new members: ismmistic, scantyg, MDM, richardj, and John B

Are you people going to chime in and say hello? :wub: Or are you just going to lurk in the background and read the reports. :wub:

(insert german voice) "ok all you nonposters... ve know who you are and ve will come to your houses and take you away to camp for cleansing".

:wub:

the new guy has to buy charlie graves tins for everyone that pm's him for the first 2 weeks i think...

Fish,

I gotta find a place to by them for myself, much less anyone else.

I'll be out on the Cape for the first time this weekend. Maybe I'll have some luck there.

I'm a lurker!!!! I am a lurker!

Is there a 12 step program for lurkers?

I eat up everything somewhat useful. but mostly I enjoy

how sophomoric it all is. This site is good for a laugh.

That's about it.

I would never post my successes or defeats here,

never mind a pic.

You all have made an art out of trashing good posters.

It is quite a shame because the North Shore could really use aGOOD

info site.

Hey ccbay-

Based on your post, you would do yourself just fine by never posting again. Bottom line, if this site is so bad, then you will have no need to ever post again. Now, far be it for me to tell you what to do, but if you have any pride, you will never post here again...based purely on what you wrote this evening.

On the other hand, what does it say about you when you crap on the site yet adimit that you read all the posts. You are not a lurker, you are a poacher. Wanna fight? Didin't think so. Go away hater. Pukes like you are what ruin sites....pussy.

-old27

You gotta love people like that. They're the ones who throw trash on the beach complain how dirty it is and expect someone else to pick it up.

There are over 2000 members here and less than 2% I would guess post and less that 1% on a regular basis. This site could run the same with 30 members and the only thing that would be missing would be the lurkers.

If some of the new members would post as well as the old ones who never do, I think it would get everyone to start to chip in a little and post. What happens is when the same people give reports over and over and then get no feedback or useful information from others they figure why should I be the only one posting and stop. And soon no one is posting reports.

If you use the site then post something it's easy and can be fun to participate in something. You will get a lot more out of this site and it won't be such a joke if you get involved.

Tip: if throwing tin into a blitz and your not getting any hits, Slow your retrieve down, we tend to get excited and reel too fast, and if your still not getting hits slow it down some more and keep the rod tip up to keep the lure from sinking too deep.

I'm a body snatcher. Guessed this members username and password. Who ever it was hadn't used it in a couple years. Someone else guess it and it's yours. I have had no fish to report lately. But I will if i find them.

This site isn't so bad there are just a few bad eggs. Definately could be

one of the best if more people pitched in instead of trashing each other.

As I've said before if someone didn't share their favorite spots, lures,

knowledge, etc., with each one of us I don't think any of us would be

too sucessful! I definately don't know everthing about fishing but the things

that I do know I don't mind sharing with others because there is plenty of

room for everyone.

...  Wanna fight?  ...

I'll fight you.

Okay pencil neck. If that is really a picture of you in the pictures section of the picture section (lol) then you should be no problem at all. have a nice day geek.

I'm a relative newbie to striper fishin' and I too am a lurker. I check the site everyday because while I don't get to get out fishing that often, I can live vicariously through those that can and post to the site.

In my few outings this season, I've been realatively successful with a couple keepers this spring. During my most recent outing, 9/28, I witness the coolest thing I've ever seen while fishing. I don't know all the names of the places in the area (usually play on joppa flats) but my friend and I decided to leave the river and cruise south along PI. On the southern end of the beach there is a rock pile closer to shore, mostly submerged @ high tide. as we creeped up we could see many dorsal fins just breaking the surface so we stopped to watch a school of maybe 150-200 bass cruising around. SHOWTIME!!!

They were mostly schoolie sized fish but you could spot the occaisional larger fish. And boy were they fickle. we has no bait, just casting lures and it took us a few tries to figure out what they were interested in. They stuck around the boat for 15-20 minutes. We did land a few but I did more watching that casting, just taking it all in....................

and then they were gone.

there were guys fishing from the beach but these fish were just out of reach and there were no birds to indicate these fish were there.

Yes it's me you donkey. I'll beat your 5'6" 140 poundass up and down the Lynnway.

WyattJoyce.jpg this is an old picture i've got less hair now.

Yes it's me, I'm a donkey. I'll beat your 6'2" 230 poundass up and down the Lynnway. 

that is an old picture of me, and my name is mdang.  i've got less hair now.

Less hair on your face or on your beaver?

Hey how about this: Let's stop, before I hurt you with my words...lol, or fists.

Thanks for your report sillyswiper!!!

Nothing like a school of popping bass to

get your blood flowing!!!

A few weeks ago off of P.I. I encountered a school

of popping bass who were very picky at my offerings of lures!!!

Ended up with only a few, but it was quite a sight to see them

chasing the bait!!!

:ph34r: