• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CharlieA

Three

11 posts in this topic

Three stripers caught today in the Thames from shore. 15-22", 1 on 4" pearl and 2 on 6" white sluggos. Boaters and yakers were doing much better as the fish were stacked up out of casting range.

Nice to get out though. 50* in January - gotta love global warming!

Way to go Charlie you should have taken a staple gun along and made one big fish out of them..... only 12-14 weeks till they return...

So does anyone know what's going to happen with the herring as far as bait goes.

I hope to get out early enough to live line some macks.

I've got the fish fever real bad...

January Stripers without Ice Fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Less than 90 days left till my fishing starts again! :blink:

SR, I see you've got the pic of the new champ as your icon. Excellent. Best laugh I've had in days.

I'll be fishing for stripers Sat.am.Lefty

Gj Charlie. I might try a spot myself on Sat AM if I can get my ###### out of bed.

Nice weather for Jan stripers, eh Charlie?

Might as well make it a goal for a striper in every month of 2006?

If that is a goal, good luck.

Lefty your not paddling around this time of year are you? I would think it would be seriously cold with the wind chill factor on the water this time of year and god forbid if you were to end up in the drink the water is way to cold.

I'll be paddlin Sat am.got a ton of new flies to test out so might as well throw them at some holdovers.Lefty

Have fun and be safe. :fish: