• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
zippy

new gimic or ?????

8 posts in this topic

My vote - gimmick! When ever you read a statement like, "attracts fish from a half a mile away", you know it's time to move on. :banana:

Gimmick.

Fool-a-Fish is based on research that shows fish see and are attracted to light in the ultra-violet spectrum, which is invisible to the human eye. Fool-a-Fish is an odorless, colorless compound that causes your bait or lure to shine with reflected ultraviolet light.

I agree with Cruzin , it is thought provoking. BUT! Hold on....

I cannot see it. I cannot smell it. Right. How can I verify it? I could always reserve some lab time in the physical chemistry lab at my alma marta.....but that you take me away from the water's edge.

Research. Right. Research is a subjective activity. In what scientific journal was this "research" published in. I am not convinced that a fish's eye can "see" into the UV spectrum.

I could be wrong. But, I would not spend my money on it.

- Saltie.

Edited by saltie

I know birds and insects can see UV and flowers give off UV to attract them but I'm not sure why game fish would need UV vision and even if they did have it would it extend their regular vision to be able to see 1/2 mile under water. A half mile is a long way. I don't think a million candle power light could be seen 1/2 mile under the sea.

Hey folks! I am developing a lure. You will be able to set it to any species you want. You just tie it to your line, set it to the type fish you want to catch, put it in the water and PRESTO! Back it comes with what you asked for. Already hooked, you just need to lift it out of the water.

These lures will come in both fresh and salt water models to cover both styles of fishing. I should have them available by the time Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's are up and running in New England.

No more gimmicks to worry about or get stuck with, this lure will take the brains out of fishing altogether. You will never need to buy another lure or bait ever. Think of all the $$$ you will save.

These will be relatively cheap...$500 a lure.