• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
zippy

Time to play

20 posts in this topic

NO idea what they are, they look like something out of Aliens. I don't know if they are even a real creature. They look a little like hag fish. Anyone have any ideas?

post-3-1140916908_thumb.jpg

I don't know what it is but I ain't taking it off the hook. If this is a alternitive to slinging the american eel I'll stick with the slugo.

riddler tried dragging one behind his yak...

post-3-1140917477_thumb.jpg

No idea but they have well developed teeth and very small eyes. I would guess something from the deep ocean. The teeth don't look like they were made for crushing.

I agree. Some type of deep water fish.

It can't be, but I swear those things are dead ringers for my ex-wife's miniature dachshunds.

zip how did you come across this pic?

It was on consumption junction I think. No info on the picture. Nasty looking creatures. The head looks like the little alien that poped out of someones belly.

The way the one on the top looks with its ribs sticking out I would think it would burrow into something either food or a hole. They look full grown and still look nasty to me. They look more like a parasite than something juvenile.

They look like something out of the amazon river. Probably a very dark or muddy place do to the underdeveloped eyes. I'm not so sure about being deep water fish, they have to much color. Most of the really deep fish are almost white with very big eyes.

WAIT!!! I KNOW! I KNOW!!! ( it's the new courtsey patrol at P.I. :P )