• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
OLD_SALT

Plum Island is inTrouble Now

82 posts in this topic

I just got this off the MBBA web site.

Rick and Nancy Brown have been seeking to be courtesy patrol and are now appointed to Plum Island as courtesy patrol, a very hard working couple.

This is probably the worst thing that MBBA has done, orv as we know it will now meet it's demise. This is the worst news I have gotten all year.

Rick and Nancy Brown have been seeking to be courtesy patrol and are now appointed to Plum Island as courtesy patrol,

Which means what?

- Saltie

LMAO I'm glad I don't fish there. That's :lol: :banana: :rolleyes: :banana:

Nancy Brown is the infamous Plumcrazy one of the nastiest bearchess alive. Just what I want, to be fishing and have that bearch up my arse. Courtesy Patrol you have got to be kidden. Who the phucks bright Idea was it to come up with that one? :banana: :banana: :lol: :rolleyes: :D :wacko:

:banana: omg!!! some will hurt her for sure if they know who she is and what she has done to folks on this site.

Oh, gosh! I don't see any of you bleading. Let's not get back on that merrygoround again this year.

Looks like you all better behave yourselves on the island when she is around.

Seeing as how im new and enjoy fishing PI would someone mind bringing me up to speed on who this woman is?

The whole place will be cursed. She is pure evil. The refuge troll aka cybill. There will be a dark cloud looming over the island this season.

true fishercat...true... Dark days are before us. Take to your boats and the open ocean until this evil passes.

I fish PI, but I hike in when I fish the refuge, so I don't drive a vehicle onto the beach. I've seen the occasional beach patrol national parks uniform out there but they've never said anything to me past "Hello."

Somehow I've never met this famous woman Nancy, although I've seen her once or twice at Surfland and out on the beach.

So please enlighten me...what does a "courtesy patrol" do? Do they enforce fire and camping regs or check to see that people aren't taking shorts? What kind of authority do they have? Are they able to throw people out of the refuge or ban them?

I would like to know what Federal or State agency authorized this private club to take charge of this federal operated property?

I think they are like a rat patrol or neighborhood watch. They squeal on you if you do something wrong. I doesn't sound to me like they are authorized to do much of anything maybe give out a warning ticket. I bet she may do some good out there, the people on this site for the most part don't do anything wrong so there isn't much to worry about. She may help nab a few poachers. You know she will stick her nose in everyone's cooler, tackle box and trunk. I'm sure her smart azz mouth will get her in trouble and she will make more enemy's than friends. I'm not a big fan of hers but I would hate to see her get hurt. You know this will go strait to her head and you know she will try to abuse it and over step her bounds.

i agree with zippy,i think old roger merry gots something to do with that if she is looking in peoples coolers and stuff :banana:

Well you guys really don't have anything to worry about, she will have no power

This is off the MBBA web site:

We also have a special group of members called Courtesy Patrol. These members will help beach officials, other members and the general public with any beach access issues or problems.

Also Bob will be wearing his kriptonite thong so her powers will have no affect on him. :P

Sometimes, just sometimes when I'm out fishing I just want to be let ALONE.

That's what I call courtesy...How many more brownshirts do we need?

I would like to know what Federal or State agency authorized this private club to take charge of this federal operated property?

Why don't you call the refuge and ask ?

Parker River Nat'l. Wildlife Refuge

Janet Kennedy, Manager

978-465-5753 X 25

Hi Guys,

I don't know who this person is, but unless she is employed by the refuge she will have no real power.

Secondly, as some of you have already said, if you are not doing anything wrong, you will not get in trouble.

Third, if you are doing something you should not be doing, you are jeopardizing our being allowed to fish on the island. Janet Kennedy does a lot to support the recreational fishermen and so long as she can say, "they are not the ones doing the damage to the beach", she will continue to support us.

Please let me know if you hear anything that this patrol is doing that is out of the ordinary. Thanks