• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
OLD_SALT

Plum Island is inTrouble Now

82 posts in this topic

The MBBA Courtesy Patrol has nothing to do with the refuge.

They help handle MBBA activities while at the refuge. Each beach has Courtesy Patrol. All officers of the MBBA are also Courtesy Patrol.

I suggest that you contact someone from the MBBA as this is a club issue, not a refuge one.

When I'm on the refuge beach I smoke cigars, toss plugs and tin into the surf, and feed clams to the crabs and skates. Now and again I land a striper or bluefish, and generally return it to the water unharmed within a minute.

Sometimes if the action is slow I just sit on a folding chair and enjoy the ocean.

So I doubt that a courtesy patrol would have much occasion to interact with me. Maybe they could bring me the occasional hot coffee and a scone...now that's what I'd call courtesy.

Thankyou Bill. I had that thought in mind. How's the cape holding up this winter?

Ineresting you should ask. Nauset Beach has lost about 30 ft. of beach and is very narrow out in front of the heights(Skunk Bluff)

The Southway and Monomoy Cut have filled in tremendously since fall. As it was last fall, the Cut is impassable at low tide. However, the distance between South Island and South Monomoy Island is now only about 100 yards and the depth at high tide is only about 3-4 feet. The refuge manager predicts that South Monomoy and South Beach will join before spring.

Otherwise, nothing much new and the shellfishing is great.

She was a big trouble maker on this site and the site basically forced her out, she came back and tried to make amends just to start trouble again. She is gone and not missed by anyone here and the past issues of fights are gone and peace is restored. I'm sure she will cause trouble on PI and I'm sure we will read about it in the local police file or local court case.

This broad better not try to put her nose in my cooler or she'll get a nice chunk of stinky mackerel right up her stinky mackerel...

the only person looking into my stuff better have a badge and a green truck (and a .357)

I'm not the least bit concerned. If less people fish @ PI because of this

it only means more stripers for me.

just seems like a long ride from hopkinton to patrol the beaches of pi.. send her to the cape.. she caused a lot of trouble on this site and it made a lot of posters leave.. she is a nuisance...

You guys are worrying over nothing. At least that would be my guess! If she is affiliated with MBBA and she is part of their courtesy patrol, I would contact MBBA to find out the scope of her responsibilties and I will bet plugs without calling the MBBA that she is at best willing to do some coordination stuff for MBBA events and some public affair stuff for them too.

She will have no authority to look into anybody's coolers or any other personal belongings. As long as you are on the beach, I don't think the police can look into your cooler unless they have probrably cause. Now on the watyer in a boat it is a completely different set of rules, but on the beach I am not aware that you gave up any of your rights.

If she becomes a tattletale and makes herself into a pain in the buttocks, well a simple call to the MBBA will most likely get her removed from the position, because I am sure they do not want bad feelings with the people who use the beach. At least I would think the Massachusetts Beach Buggy Association would want good relations with the people on the beach.

If by chance she actually will be handing out Donuts, coffees, plastic bags etc as needed then if you use them just say thanks and keep on :fish:

This is a little site, with very few followers

and let me tell you that most of us do not frequent these sites or care what you think.

So why even respond?

I have sat and watched these pages of ridiculous insults unfold .

Yes,but are you a twelve year old that drives an F-250 that has a signed copy of Dead Men Tapping?Or are you a Penn Lova? :lol: :lol: Alot of people on this site ALREADY belong to MBBA.So no need to give the website or the "company speech".We know what it's about. :P :P If this site is so insignificant,why have you " sat and watched these pages of ridiculous insults unfold"?? I think someone needs to get a grip and a life :lol:

Old Salt just wanted to stir things up and that he did.

Maybe he should get a metal for being a dick.

...this is a little site, with very few followers

and let me tell you that most of us do not frequent these sites or care what you think.

in response to the first part of your quote:

you are a douche bag.

in response to the second part of the quote:

you are a douche bag.

ccbay.......... i just glanced throgh your old posts and i have a question for you??

if certain people on this site as YOU say ruined it, then why are MOST of your posts just trash talk?? seems to me you are the one who ruins it for people. ( or should i say, you seem to jump right into the mix of insults ) most of us who do post on this site can take a few jabs as well as give em, but you seem just to run yer mouth.

did the person in this thread who we are talking about ever bash you in a thread.... um... no, stalk you at other sites, make up lies about you? doubt it, because you haven't been a member that long. ( not even a year as of yet )

just like a certin admin told you ( publicly ) a few months back... if you don't have anything nice to say or fishing realted....DON"T POST you unwanted insults.

:P :lol: :P

Again this was a fairly civil post until the true pot stirrer :P added their 2 cents.

post-24-1141682326_thumb.jpg

A lot to do over nothing !

The courtesy patrol is just there to answer questions and help out ORV's that get stuck in the sand.

I've never seen a bunch of supposed macho guys quail and quiver at the sugestion that someone like Nance might show up on the beach when they are there.

Hey, when was the last time you guys "volunteered" to do anything to assist your fellow surfcasters ????

She's a non issue to anyone that gave this more than a seconds thought. The issue is the need by some to antagonize and b1tch and moan. It's the same old folk jamming the same old bitchy vagina monologue down our throats. It's tiring and it's old...(27) and there is no hope for this site. I had really hoped there was because I've been here for so long. This site re-verbs from one pathetic argument to the next and anyone who cares is long gone. Hopefully I can catch up with them.

Oh and please spare us the good riddance replies. It would only reinforce your ignorance to those few left that give a sh1t.

hey, ya know what cruzin. you seem all high and mighty. good for you. personallly, i think there is an alliance between PC, CCbay, and yourself, and that's great. i have no problem with that. but don't get all preachy on me or anybody else. learn to take a joke, thicken your skin, and chill out.

to me, it seems eerily ironic that every time PC's name comes up, ccb and yourself come swooping in...just an observation...best of luck to you in the neverneverland of perfect fish forums. this crap is getting too personal...oh well.

-old27

You wet yourself waiting on the edge of that chair?

First of all I'm not your kid or your wife so your wasting your time talking.

Second, I have no sides here and all I and most of the others have been saying is we think the lot of you motor mouths should shut the fk up so we can get back to socializing and fishing and having a good time without having to listen to you damn nut jobs run around here like a bunch of verbal children.

Was that clear enough? I only ask because I don't think anyone has had the nerve to spell it out for you. I personally don't give a sh1t anymore about any of this BS so I figured I would speak my mind.

On a third note I have no plans on engaging in a pissing contest because I'm sure quite a few of you already have wood in your pants over the thought of another drawn out ordeal.

I really have no more time left for this ignorant pathetic backwardass place.

When you officially withdraw and have your posts and avatar and all the bells and whistles removed, then you will have credibility. and for the love of the almighty striped bass, please don't try to fool us by eradicating your account and then rejoining. that would be in poor taste... Godspeed. :P

You wet yourself waiting on the edge of that chair?

sounds like you the one wetting yourself

First of all I'm not your kid or your wife so your wasting your time talking.

o and your not? :lol:

Second, I have no sides here and all I and most of the others have been saying is we think the lot of you motor mouths should shut the fk up so we can get back to socializing and fishing and having a good time without having to listen to you damn nut jobs run around here like a bunch of verbal children.

Was that clear enough? I only ask because I don't think anyone has had the nerve to spell it out for you. I personally don't give a sh1t anymore about any of this BS so I figured I would speak my mind.

um i dont think you understand that talkin sh!t on the internet aint intimidating anyone. talk is cheap buddy...actions speak louder than words...whatever you wanna call it. well i suppose i was like that when i was 13 too.

On a third note I have no plans on engaging in a pissing contest because I'm sure quite a few of you already have wood in your pants over the thought of another drawn out ordeal.

you really need help... and thats pretty disgusting :lol: anyway its winter what do you expect? theres no one fishing so people are just looking for somethng to talk about.

so thats why your reading this right now right? :P

anyway so my take on this: i dont know this lady. maybe i dont want to. maybe it will have no affect on me. i release almost all of the fish i catch, so no issues with limits. i respect the environment. so she cant get me for littering. and yes, if she wants to look in any of my stuff, she better get "the boys" down here cuz she aint got any right to look in there. does she? no problems for me on this issue. again i think its just people lookin for something to talk about.

so lets talk fishing...2 months and countin :P