• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
OLD_SALT

Plum Island is inTrouble Now

82 posts in this topic

Hmmm! Moving swiftly on. Has anyone caught or are there any reports of cod being caught during the winter months from the shore

regards Mark B

Must be that time of year again. Looks like cabin fever is setting in. Hang in there all the stripahs will be on the PI shore in just a little while. We are almost there. :P

Keep checking the 10 day forecast, looks like winter is over (knock on wood), planning on getting some early trout fishing in the next couple weeks. I checked the Mass Wildlife website, anyone know the exact date when they start stocking?

Ah crap BoSoxFan you just jinxed us "looks like winter is over..." :lol: :lol: another three weeks of winter weather for sure!!!

Mike M., this is indeed the worst part of the year. When its cold and grey out (Dec. - Feb.) stripers are a distant thought but when March roles around it gets tough. Can't wait to get back out :P :P :lol: !

I find it very funny now.

Time after time these morons have gotten away with doing this and

the genuine members of the site have no say.

First off I AM NOT PC!!!!! GET IT? GOT IT? GOOD!

I am not going to tell you that again.

Get over it, get over her.

It is sad, very sad that you find your thrills trashing someone

who can't even get on the site to defend herself.

Someone that maybe 2 of you have met.

I also find it pretty scary that you are afraid of a woman who busts her ###### to help you..

This is not a good site nor a friendly site. In fact it is disgusting.

I would be ashamed to be owner of it. You people have done Zebrina an injustce.

As the others have said this site is trashed. Believe me it was not Plum who trashed it. She is gone. You did this by yourselves.

That point has been proven many times over since she has been gone.

OLD SALT/ Tattoo bob hope ya feel really good about yourself.

Happy fishing.

Once again I am not PC.

I am a friend. I belong to the MBBA

and if you want to know what the MBBA is about I suggest you join.

Maybe help us fught what you ###### about so much.

ccbay, I am sorry but I am not old salt just you are not Plum Crazy

there are no hard feelings between Nancy and I, I belong to the MBBA

And I don't have the time to help the way some members do I would

love to. I wish I could do more. We fished together a few times had

some laughs and then this site came between us. I choose to fish alone

with my wife when I am at the Refuge now. We don't get much time together

so I have no beefs with anyone and if I did I will not hold a grudge life is to short

spring is almost here so get your gear ready.

so I have no beefs with anyone and if I did I will not hold a grudge life is to short

It would be nice if every member could be there for every event.

But we know that is not possible.

Those who can DO.

But we have the utmost respect for the "silent" members.

I respect what you said about Nancy because she is one of those members

who is always there.

She has gone above and beyond. All for the benifit of surfcasters.

She will be very happy to hear that Bob. She wishes you the best also.

Not to change subject but does anyone know if Surfland is open on weekdays? If so what hours?

They are open 7 days a week now.

The "Silent Majority" is reading!!!

LOL's!!!

Ah crap BoSoxFan you just jinxed us  "looks like winter is over..." :lol:  :lol: another three weeks of winter weather for sure!!!

Mike M., this is indeed the worst part of the year.  When its cold and grey out (Dec.  - Feb.) stripers are a distant thought but when March roles around it gets tough.  Can't wait to get back out :P  :P  :lol: !

I know man, I had second thoughts as I was writing it as to whether it would jinx us or not.....

It would be nice if every member could be there for every event.

But we know that is not possible.

Those who can DO.

But we have the utmost respect for the "silent" members.

I respect what you said about Nancy because she is one of those members

who is always there.

She has gone above and beyond. All for the benifit of surfcasters.

She will be very happy to hear that Bob. She wishes you the best also.

You two, or four, just had an Oprah moment. We're all happy for you.

It brought a tear to my eye. :P

Fact remains that Sybil remains lurking, and no amount of couch time- or reading my book - will ever fix that mess.

Maybe we can get Jerry Springer to offer some advice?

I say strip them to underwear, put them on TV, and let them all fight it out.

By them all I mean:

PennLova

CCBay

NemooreBrown

PlumCrazy

and the other ones that slipped by...

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry!

BoSoxFan looks like your off the hook :P with the weekend forecast looking great. What's the earliest that people get out around here. Saturday is looking pretty good.... :P

As much as I hate to get in the way of a good argument, here is a board relavent question:

Someone on another board mentioned fishing for cod from the surf in April. Anybody have any luck doing this in the past? If so where? Anything else out there off the surf between now and striper arrival if we happen to get a warm weekend?

That's a pretty longshot these days. We used to get a lot of Cod from the shore down in Gloucester, and at Plum Island. But, that was 30+ years ago before Cod became overfished in the Northwest Atlantic.

I used to catch cod from shore in Salem in the '80s. We only caught them around sunset and after dark. The evenings are still chilly in the early spring and there aren't as many cod (especailly keepers) around anymore, so I have not tried in 15 years or so. Good luck and let us know how you do.

ccbay I cant believe you dumped on Tattoobob he's a stand up guy and has done nothing but contributed to this site, And has not even said anything to warrent your attack towards him. you are a douche bag.

This is not a good site nor a friendly site. In fact it is disgusting.

I would be ashamed to be owner of it.

Hypercrite. the majority of your posts dwell on how bad this site is...I went to Arby's once and thought it was disgusting...I never went back. Thank you for your time.

CC may not be pc but is proving to be just as popular.... :P

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I haven't written back in awhile, I've been in a state of hibernation for some time now, and with the weather changing for the good, its time for me to come out of retirement and back into public life. LOL. Anyway, this whole thing with a "courtesy patrol" sounds like a joke to me. I'd love to see the courtesy patrol go up to the unruly high school kids that go up there and have fires, drink beer, and act like total A-holes while myself and my fellow anglers are trying to fish and enjoy the sounds of the waves.

I guess maybe some of you have not read all of the posts.

Either that or you are quite dimwitted.

Several times it has been said to you what Courtesy Patrol means, and you all just don't "GET IT"

It has nothing to do with you. It has nothing to do with the Refuge. It has nothing to do with fishing.

IT IS AN MBBA THING! Now I don't want to say DUH but look it up.

This is funny :P MBBA CP has been around you wherever you are and whenever you were fishing. There are a boatload of them.

They are MBBA and they work with the park officials when there is an MBBA event.

They help coordinate activities. Disperse info to OTHER MBBA MEMBERS

They are also there to help MBBA members and others if problems arise.

If you get stuck, they will help you out. If you have questions they will answer you.

If there are problems they have the numbers to call.

No one ever will look in your cooler, check your fire or give you a ticket LMAO

It has absolutely nothing to do with you. This is MBBA and if you have any concerns please by all means contact them.

This is all a big ta doo about nothing. There was a reason why the announcement was made on the MBBA site. It is MBBA business. Not yours.

Nancy and Rick are Courtesy Patrol for Plum Island.

IF any of you belonged to the MBBA or any other Conservation group you would know the meaning of that.

I will quote what backagain said "when's the last time you volunteered?"

I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. My friend wants nothing to do with you.

But if you ever get in trouble out there, she will help you. Even if you are not MBBA. We all sign a sworn statment to that.

I guess what I am trying to say is you don't have to worry about anything.

But if your truck breaks down on the beach I bet you just might be wishing for her number.

If you want to argue this I suggest you contact someone at www.mbba.net