• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cod/haddock Rod?

#1 User is offline   Redbone 

• Fish Master
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 March 2006 - 01:42 AM

Looking for suggestions on a cod/ Haddock rod for the party boat. I am willing to invest around $100 or less. I want something sensitive to feel the Haddock bite and something relatively fast so I want be reeling in for half an hour.

Any suggestions are appreciated and you will be invited to my PI fish fry with plenty of the below like attending :P

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: bikini.jpg

GOOGANS SUCK!!! Googan: a newbie to fishing who has no regard or clue about etiquette toward other anglers or established rules.
Googan: "Duh, where's a good place to fish around here? Local Bait Shop: Go to the end of the street, take a left and follow it down to the parking lot- fish anywhere along the riverfront." Thanks for making PI Googan heaven.

#2 User is offline   surf rat 

• Top of the Posting Chain
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2006 - 04:02 AM

Hi
I would spend a little more and get a Penn Senator Combo. I saw one for sale at Sports Authority for about 150.00. I am sure you could find a combo for maybe even less.
They are a great reel for jigging Cod and Haddock. :P

Here are some combos but only one in the range you want.

Bass Pro Shop

#3 User is offline   smokey 

• "Friend of Surfcaster.com"
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2006 - 10:51 AM

I picked up a Penn senator 113H at Dick's for $99. and a Shakespeare rod with carboly guides and roller tip for $35.This setup is for wireline trolling but with the right braid and a strait tip it would be perfect for bottom fishing or trolling. with a little digging you might find it even cheaper. The 113h is (as far as I know) the only high speed retrieve in that price that's worth it.
How's my spelling?
If my spelling is offensive call 1-800-328-7448

Pete

#4 User is offline   Redbone 

• Fish Master
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2006 - 01:30 PM

Thanks so much Gents, Now I know where to start looking....
GOOGANS SUCK!!! Googan: a newbie to fishing who has no regard or clue about etiquette toward other anglers or established rules.
Googan: "Duh, where's a good place to fish around here? Local Bait Shop: Go to the end of the street, take a left and follow it down to the parking lot- fish anywhere along the riverfront." Thanks for making PI Googan heaven.

#5 User is offline   Fish Head 

• Keeper
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2006 - 10:37 PM

Try Boatersworld.com , a Penn 113h with a decent Penn boat rod for a 100 bucks! Shipping is 7.95, still a great deal. I bought 2 last year.

http://www.boatersworld.com/webapp/wcs/sto...852&bct=t251412

#6 User is offline   Redbone 

• Fish Master
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2006 - 01:09 AM

Nice suggestion, I think I will give it a try. I do like the formentioned Penn though.

Can anyone say fake boobies?

#7 User is offline   BoSoxFan 

• Keeper
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2006 - 01:17 AM

nice pic. what was this post about again? :P
"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Thoreau

#8 User is offline   Meterman 

• Keeper
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2006 - 02:40 AM

:P fake boobies

#9 User is offline   smokey 

• "Friend of Surfcaster.com"
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2006 - 01:12 PM

Fish Head, on Mar 23 2006, 05:37 PM, said:

Try Boatersworld.com , a Penn 113h with a decent Penn boat rod for a 100 bucks! Shipping is 7.95, still a great deal. I bought 2 last year.

http://www.boatersworld.com/webapp/wcs/sto...852&bct=t251412

WOW :P that's a good deal.If I didn't already have to many rigs I'd pick up a few from them.

That's quite a PFD she's wearing.were can I get a seat cover like that :P
How's my spelling?
If my spelling is offensive call 1-800-328-7448

Pete

#10 User is offline   fishfeeder 

• Schoolie
  • PipPip

Posted 24 March 2006 - 04:10 PM

Redbone, on Mar 23 2006, 09:09 PM, said:

Can anyone say fake boobies?

Can anyone say who cares. :P

#11 User is offline   stripernh 

• Keeper
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2006 - 01:15 AM

It's a little higher than your price range, but if you can swing it go for the Shimano Torium. I have one on an Ugly stick, the reel is unbeleivable. The ugly stick let's you feel the slightest tap, and at 6.2 to 1 the Torium has you in the boat in no time.

http://www.boatersworld.com/webapp/wcs/sto...ductId=13147003

And isn't that an inflatable vest she has one?
"The fishing pole bends heavier for some than others... still we struggle with the rod just the same. Life to me is like a fish on the line" Jimmy Buffet on life and fishing ~~~ ><((((?> ~~~

#12 User is offline   Redbone 

• Fish Master
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:08 AM

Thanks for the replies. I love the torium but it seems a bit outside my budget, I think I will either go with a penn 330gti or 113H and a 7' Ugly stick, I am going to wind it all up with Super Braid.

Look out haddock....

And if thats a life vest I think I am drowning. Can anyone say Bronski- pppppp :P bbbbbbbbbbbbttttttttttttttt.

#13 User is offline   flarauldo 

• Schoolie
  • PipPip

Posted 31 March 2006 - 09:53 AM

Did you notice the double end loop knot on her bikini bottom.Easily rigged and un-rigged . :P

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users