• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Redbone

Cod/haddock Rod?

13 posts in this topic

Looking for suggestions on a cod/ Haddock rod for the party boat. I am willing to invest around $100 or less. I want something sensitive to feel the Haddock bite and something relatively fast so I want be reeling in for half an hour.

Any suggestions are appreciated and you will be invited to my PI fish fry with plenty of the below like attending :P

post-2-1143121190_thumb.jpg

Hi

I would spend a little more and get a Penn Senator Combo. I saw one for sale at Sports Authority for about 150.00. I am sure you could find a combo for maybe even less.

They are a great reel for jigging Cod and Haddock. :P

Here are some combos but only one in the range you want.

Bass Pro Shop

I picked up a Penn senator 113H at Dick's for $99. and a Shakespeare rod with carboly guides and roller tip for $35.This setup is for wireline trolling but with the right braid and a strait tip it would be perfect for bottom fishing or trolling. with a little digging you might find it even cheaper. The 113h is (as far as I know) the only high speed retrieve in that price that's worth it.

Nice suggestion, I think I will give it a try. I do like the formentioned Penn though.

Can anyone say fake boobies?

Try Boatersworld.com , a Penn 113h with a decent Penn boat rod for a 100 bucks! Shipping is 7.95, still a great deal. I bought 2 last year.

http://www.boatersworld.com/webapp/wcs/sto...852&bct=t251412

WOW :P that's a good deal.If I didn't already have to many rigs I'd pick up a few from them.

That's quite a PFD she's wearing.were can I get a seat cover like that :P

It's a little higher than your price range, but if you can swing it go for the Shimano Torium. I have one on an Ugly stick, the reel is unbeleivable. The ugly stick let's you feel the slightest tap, and at 6.2 to 1 the Torium has you in the boat in no time.

http://www.boatersworld.com/webapp/wcs/sto...ductId=13147003

And isn't that an inflatable vest she has one?

Thanks for the replies. I love the torium but it seems a bit outside my budget, I think I will either go with a penn 330gti or 113H and a 7' Ugly stick, I am going to wind it all up with Super Braid.

Look out haddock....

And if thats a life vest I think I am drowning. Can anyone say Bronski- pppppp :P bbbbbbbbbbbbttttttttttttttt.