• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
evolcom1

Trout Spots in Haverhill

15 posts in this topic

I just moved down to Haverhill and was wondering where a good spot to hit for trout would be. I hit the Millvale reservoir and only got a smallmouth.

Does anyone know the location of these two spots?

Little River East Meadow Brook

Welcome!

Look up Mass. fisheries and wildlife, it has a link to all stocked waters in eah region of the state. That should satisfy what you are looking for.

I watched fish and game put what he said was the 1st net full of Browns

in the Souhegan River right in down town Milford NH.

yeah i went up to plug pond the other day. what it my best approach. something like a spinner bait or live bait also is the beach the only way to access the pond or is the a way to get to the other side from winnikenni castle trail?

The easiest way to access plugs pond is from the beach. I have good luck with clear bubble and black woolly or a gold spoon. Also try fly fishing by the boat ramp near dusk trout will drift in to feed on the hatch that happens in that cove.

Merrimac bait &tackle in on RT110 in merrimac. He's go a web site not sure what it is. If you buy shiners a lot he's definitly the place to go as he is generous with the dozen, at least with the smalls/mediums.

yeah i went up to plug pond the other day. what it my best approach. something like a spinner bait or live bait also is the beach the only way to access the pond or is the a way to get to the other side from winnikenni castle trail?

Berkly Magnum Power Eggs & a slip sinker. Use chartruse & pink

off the beach is fine all the way to the corner

30-50 off the beach it is 22-26 feet deep

can do well with a boat with a TINY black fly when they are riseing

otherwise the best luck is always down deep with a slow trolled small (like a woolie ) fly

similar at round pond also

The best tackle shop around is Diglorias, off of route 110 methuen/lawrence line. If you're familiar with the area, take 110 from haverhill into methuen, at the lights by the 495 on ramp, take a left. Diglorias is right there on your left. They only take cash. Great little hole in the wall, awesome store. I saw guys hammering trout with meal worms at plug pond

The best tackle shop around is Diglorias, off of route 110 methuen/lawrence line. If you're familiar with the area, take 110 from haverhill into methuen, at the lights by the 495 on ramp, take a left. Diglorias is right there on your left. They only take cash. Great little hole in the wall, awesome store. I saw guys hammering trout with meal worms at plug pond

I completely forgot about that place. its been a while I've been outta the minga valley for a while now. i gotta try an remember all off the good spots. My wife gets mad at me when i call The Loop the Methuen Mall.

I'm glad someone else on here knows about Mingya Valley!

finally got two fish on saturday morning a rainbow and a tiger..the tiger was pretty big at around 12" quite a fight for a fish. I guess the just put 3000 fish in Millvale last Weds. I will be out all afternoon there tomorrow.

fished today with grandson

they must have put in some quality fish with the recent stocking

took the 6 limit in about 2 hours

all were 12 plus

3 16-17 inches; nice slab sided 1.50-2 pounders

all down deep, mid day, most on trolled fly