• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DDQ

Picking up my tsunami 145 w/ angler pkg tomorrow!

6 posts in this topic

I cant wait. Tomorrow Im picking up my blue wilderness systems tsunami 145 with the angler package. It will have 2 trolling rod holders, a rod holder in front of the cockpit and an anchor. I am planning on hitting the surf here in NC for some shark fishing in a couple weeks. Ill report back how it goes.

Sounds like fun.The tsunami looks like a nice rig.Lefty

Good luck with the new boat.

Sharks, eh? Interesting.

I'd be very curious how that boat handles for fishing and hearing your report.

Pretty narrow boat.

Think safe!

should be interesting at 24"

Yeah I know its narrow for fishing but I plan on doing some mult-day trips in this boat too on rivers around here in NC. I havnt put it in the water yet but it feels very comfortable with the phase 3 seat. I mounted a gps in front of the cockpit using an ajustable mount incase me and my buddies decide to put in at harkers island and paddle to cape lookout for a couple days. I bought a new skirt with this boat since I didnt think the one on my whitewater boat would fit. The only issue I see now is that the trolling rod holders behind the seat lead into the cockpit so when I roll water will get in from there. An easy fix would just be for me to put a cap on the bottom of the rod holders so Im going to see what I can do. I also have my doubts about a 1.5lb anchor holding this boat anywhere.

I took it out in the surf friday and it did well. It was quick and cut through the waves nicely. I only used it to paddle the baits out so I dont know how it will do with bottom fishing. I have a question though. I could not keep the boat straight when I was riding small waves. Is there a secret to keep the boat from turning sideways and breaking on top of me?