• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HOTTOY1009

whats the deal

7 posts in this topic

ok guys i live in the south shore and i am hearing of fish making there way into the bays and rivers but i am not hearing much about RI so if anyone has fished it or has heard anything it would be great well tight lines to all and it should be a great season. any info would be great. :banana:

Schoolies have hit the usual Rhode Island spring spots the couple weeks now. I personally don't know of anyone who has caught anything bigger than 25-26 yet.

:fish: thanks scoobe it is nice to get a reply i live on the south shore and i have been hitting the south river north river and duxbury bay 2 nights ago the was a nice blitz the bass where jumping right out of the water after the bait fish i here so i hope another week or so there will be alot around.

Few keepers, but not clear if they were holdovers or fresh. Biggest I've seen reported is 40" on a 4" pearl shad. Fish are in all the rivers, bays, and other spring spots in CT and RI.

April 27- :D :(

Keeper striper at 34", and a bunch of schoolies 15 to 24 inches. I got skunked but my son caught about 11 schoolies and my nephew (4 days after heart surgery) caught the first recorded keeper in the goat island area and a good number of schoolies.

We also did some squid fishing for the first time and kicked butt. We had a light that would light up a football field and the squiding was just so much fun.

Later we went out to little river in dartmouth and my son got about 6 more schoolies there. There were two guys fly fishing and they just hammered them.

We then went to the ccCanal, it was cold and overcast and a bit windy (no action). We observed the herring run in the ladders at two locations, quite a sight to see. Word is about 2 weeks and the big stripers will be in there.

they are on thier way up to PI...I cant wait

M and son

post-21-1146441372_thumb.jpg

Congrats! Did you fry up the squid and have some nice calamari?

gathering the squid recipes now. We got about 32 squid, i froze about 28 of them in freezer bags, my nephew (a cook) says freezing realy doesnt desroy the texture so i went ahead and froze them while i gather recipes.

I almost traded my striper gear for squiding gear, it was such a blast. I got skunked striper fishing all weekend, even for schoolies, but my son and nephew had a great time..............................priceless :D