• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MidniteSurf

SoCo 5/17/06

4 posts in this topic

I fished one of the breachways yesterday evening and did pretty good. Light SW wind, warm and sunny, and I had the whole place to myself. It was like watching a game at Fenway with no one else there, kinda nice but kinda wierd at the same time. Used a variety of swimmers, all worked equally well though it took almost a half hour to find where the fish were holding. 15+ schoolies, a few small keepers mixed in (first of the season), all healthy and lean from their trip. After slack I saw what looked like a school of small blues busting and working their way up toward the pond. I followed and cast at them with a lighter setup, no blues, but got a few more schoolies. With the situation up north it looks like I'll be going south a lot more... that noise you hear is my wallet crying in anticipation :D

thanks for the report dude, I really like so-co, it's got so many good spots.

I might have to take a trip down there sometime.

I am looking to take my girl out shore fishing for the first time... Sunday May 21st

Not really looking for for keepers ( well yeah I am ) but I am really just looking for a good spot where we can pull a bunch of fish for a good time......

Don't really care where...

So whats running with what tide in RI ?

We better off hitting the breachways or up on the wall in E. Prov?

The blackstone under the bridge?

Bristol off the Bridge?

We've been out freshwater twice this season in the pouring rain and she loved it Didn't catch any fish and she didn't Bi---- much. I would love to see her reel in some real fish for her first time catch.....

BTW - Anyone been down the Canal yet , how is it ?

Just saw this fell, sorry I didn't reply sooner. If she's a first-timer I would stay away from the breachways. I usually take my less experienced friends to the west wall on pt. judith in narragansett. Plenty of fish, easy access, and no long casts/waders/korkers required. Here's a map...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=na...061884&t=h&om=1

Good luck!