• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mong0

Dover/Eliot Bridge Weekend (Pics)

7 posts in this topic

Got the boy saturday at noon. We fished the outgoing tide at the Dover/Eliot bridge from 1:30 in the afternoone to 5:00 pm.

Saturday

Schoolies showed up 1/2 hour into the turn of the tide. Once the current got going good, I put my son on them with a storm shad. They were in thick and he got dozens.

100_1113.jpg

100_1117.jpg

100_1099.jpg

Sunday

Fished the late incoming and early outgoing. Many fish were taken on bait alewives.

100_1139.jpg

100_1140.jpg

We got one schoolie on a live herring that day

100_1143.jpg

great catch! i need to get out there more so i can get fish like these here

good job and thanks for the post

Very nice good pics too. How is the traffic on the bridge? I have a 7 yr.old and wouldn't want him getting run over :banana:

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but where is the Dover/Eliot Bridge? Great pictures.

Zippy :banana: :P :D