• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Mong0

43 Incher Today (pics)

22 posts in this topic

This is Joe. He's seventy five years old.

100_1172.jpg

He's been down at the bridge every morning over the past two weeks, looking for the BIG ONE. And today he hooked up!

100_1171.jpg

Incoming tide, about an hour past low. Live Alewife

100_1173.jpg

His son landed the fish for him.

100_1147.jpg

Brought her up the side of the bridge.

100_1148.jpg

Measured - 43 inches

100_1149.jpg

75 years old and he said THIS was the largest fish he'd ever caught in his LIFE!

100_1151.jpg

Nice fish!.Way to go and congrats to the angler..I wonder how many people will be lining that bridge the next few days? :banana: :P

Awesome Fish, thanks for the pics Mongo! :banana: :P :D

P.S. - somebody tell Joe he forgot to put his pants on! :D

Way to go. 43" is a very fine fish. How long was the battle?

Nice fish! Too bad that's illegal down this way.

Nice fish!

Thanks for the report. Of course, congratulations to Joe. He's the man!

joe rocks :banana:

Way to go Joe! :P

Nice camera work by the way. The pictures tell the whole story! :banana:

Congratulations to Joe. That there is a beauty. Does this mean I have to wait till I'm 75 to get one that big?? :banana: :P

congrats on your catch although I am a tad bit angry that it wasn't on the other end of my line. lol good catch and great pics although I doubt that you will have all that room to land it next time.... Thanks for the report and the pics

Nice fish!.Way to go and congrats to the angler..I wonder how many people will be lining that bridge the next few days? :D :lol:

Yeah it has been a bit more crowded of late at the bridge. This rain has messed everything up.

Way to go Joe! :lol:

Nice camera work by the way. The pictures tell the whole story! :D

I use a Kodak EZ-Share 5 megapixel Digital Camera with 10x optical zoom. 1 gig chip holds about 6,000 pics, so I can snap away with abandon. Good fishing camera - very water resistant. I recommend it heartily!

That's awesome from start to finish.Great job documenting.and nice fish of course.