• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zippy

adopt a bass

37 posts in this topic

Geeze I would hate to have someone gut hook poor little Bella and rip her innards out tugging on a hook with a pair of needle nose pliers. :banana:

:bluefish: <-- little Bela

ok that makes 11 now were making progress

Geeze I would hate to have someone gut hook poor little Bella and rip her innards out tugging on a hook with a pair of needle nose pliers. :banana:

:bluefish: <-- little Bela

ok that makes 11 now were making progress

Good point :P

or just plain o'll yankees suck.... or catch me if you can :banana:

we still need more people and with over 200 views to this post it seems there are a lot of people with deep pockets and short fingers

I've also had a brief email with sara (person doing the study) who has been busy with the study and trying to get on the water. I've asked her to chime in here and say hello and she said she would try to get to it by this Sunday.

Let's get a list going for name suggestions then we can start a poll to vote...

:banana:

Hi all! And Zippy, thank you so much for garnering support for this program.

The research is going very well. We've tagged 23 fish already and they are swimming merrily around Plum Island Sound and the Rowley River. I just downloaded the first data from the Rowley River receivers this afternoon and will be posting that information either Sunday or Monday to http://360.yahoo.com/PlumIslandStripers for the blog entries that were tagged. Each fish is identified by its name as a blog entry. :bluefish:

I'm not sure what everyone is up to tomorrow, but River's Edge Trading Post in Beverly off Rt. 1A is having an open house. I'll be there for the better part of the day with some fliers and some print-outs of some of the recent data in graph form. Pretty neat stuff!

Hope to see some of you there and thank you again for your support. As far as paypal goes, if Zippy can collect that and send it as a collective check (made out to University of Massachusetts), that'd be awesome!

Cheers!

Sarah

That'd be fantastic if Zippy can collect Paypal donations. If you want to send a check directly to me, here's the info:

Make check out to: "University of Massachusetts"

Mail check to:

Adopt-a-Bass Fund

c/o Sarah Pautzke

DNRC, Holdsworth Hall

UMass Amherst

Amherst, MA 01003

The donations are tax deductible. I appreciate everyone's support! The latest to make a donation is July 20th, 2006. I'll be tallying the results on this thread as money arrives on my end. Hopefully Zippy will do the same!

I hope to see some of you on the water!

Cheers!

Sarah

Hi all! Our tagging is going well! If anyone has mailed in checks, I'll be getting them this afternoon/evening when I get to school to check my mailbox. I'll be out of town for the next week, so I'll update everyone about the results when I get back! I appreciate everyone's support!

Cheers!

Sarah