• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MtnBrz1

Good places to surfcast in CT...

9 posts in this topic

:puzzled:

Lookin for some places to cast. I've been to Niantic and know of Rocky Neck and Harkness.

Any others I should be aware of?

Thanks,

Rob

What part of CT are you in, east or west? I know some spots in western CT, from Fairfield to greenwich...

Mark

I'm goign to the Northwestern Connecticut Commnity College in Winsted and I need to find a place to fish for saltwater species. I got no car. So any suggestion for me?

I lived in New Haven for a couple of years and the West Haven sandbar is a great spot that is overlooked by most anglers in CT. There is a great run of bluefish in the fall that can last until the end of Oct. depending on the weather. In the spring there has been a run of big weakfish on the evening tides the last few years. It's best fished around high tide otherwise you'll have a long wading walk.

Sure. I don't live there anymore, but I get down there on business every few months - based on the tides of course.

Where do you usually fish there? In general. From Winsted to the certain area for fishing, how long would it take?

I don't knopw where Winstead is, but there anywhere you can get access should be good in the fall. Most of the state parks along the coast have good fishing and easy access.

I've had some luck in Milford Harbor (May-July 4th), Guilford, and Madison shoreline. Hammonassett State Beack is OK if you can get to the end of Meigs Point. Also, the DEP building in Old Lyme is OK. I'd recommend the book "Striper Hot Spots" by Frank Diagnault. It is my bible as I travel New England looking for stripers.