• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bcyr22

headin to wells beach

16 posts in this topic

im gunna be stayin some where in wells beach for the next three days and i figured id get some night fishin in like i do every other year when i go up. im wondering if there runnin strong up there yet and what there bitin on.

thanks!

Maybe I'll run into you. I'll be on the Wells Jetty somewhere mostly day fishing unless the kids get loud at night, then I may sneak down for night fishing. I'm going to be trying clams mostly but maybe some herring also. Camping at Seavue. Fishing and bodysurfing with the kids. Mostly fishing :D

hey mabye we will run into each other seein were staying in the same area and most likely fishing the same area too. last year i tryed this bridge that a river/marsh runs through and i did just about as good as the jetti and the bridge is much less of a walk. mabye you know the one im talking about its right next to a resteraunt. anyways i was thinkin clams too and mabye a pack of storm shads but i dont know what color the bait is up there

I think I know the bridge, closest I came to fishing there was eating in the restaraunt. :D I'll be wearing longsleeve white shirt say hi if you see me.

alright, lookin forward to it sandman and if incase we dont see eachother good luck!

:fish:

The restaurant on Mile Rd. is Billy's Chowder House. I never fished at that bridge, but I have seen guys there. Was up there a couple of weeks ago and it was pretty dead at Parsons beach and the jetties (Wells & Drakes). I was using clams and all kinds of plugs and soft plastics. I think I may have hit the tides wrong. Because of the family ob's, I mainly fished the incoming and just a little outgoing. I think the outgoing is better up there. Also, at Parsons, I didn't see it, but I was told worms were working for bait. Good Luck!

p.s. My opinion, Mikes Clams Shack in Wells is better than Billy's.

thanks for all that info Meterman, its gunna come in good use

Find the Foot bridge beach in Ogunquit. Couple roads up from Perkins cove. It is a walk from the parking lot but the beach is between the Ogunquit river and the beach. The river is hoot on the filling tide and the beach is good after dark.

The restaurant on Mile Rd. is Billy's Chowder House. I never fished at that bridge, but I have seen guys there. Was up there a couple of weeks ago and it was pretty dead at Parsons beach and the jetties (Wells & Drakes). I was using clams and all kinds of plugs and soft plastics. I think I may have hit the tides wrong. Because of the family ob's, I mainly fished the incoming and just a little outgoing. I think the outgoing is better up there. Also, at Parsons, I didn't see it, but I was told worms were working for bait. Good Luck!

p.s. My opinion, Mikes Clams Shack in Wells is better than Billy's.

The fishing next to Billiy's is very similar to the marsh in Seabrook next to Brown's lobster house. Fishing barrier islands/marsh areas can be hit or miss. Seaworms do work well but there can be a TON of crabs in those marshy areas. I'm gonna give the Eliot/Dover bridge a try with eels tomorrow. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Best color for Storm Shads is pearl hands down. Can't go wrong with that color. :D

just got back and man what a fun time i had.

first night: 6 schoolies biggest being 26'' all caught on sea worms

second night: 3 schoolies biggest being a 24'' and a nice fat 29" all caught on sea worms

third night: 2 schoolies biggest being probably about 16 inches on bunker color storm shads

nothin but fishin all weekend and man oh man was it beautiful :D

Got back last night from Wells. Saturday at 7:00 am 3/4 of the way out on the Wells jetty.Tide was low. First cast with clams pulled in an 18 schoolie. Said "o boy this is gonna be it. "Well that was it. No more bites. Fished till about high tide.Beautiful day though. Saw a guy fishing on the first corner reel in about five or six nothing really big but seeing them proved they were there. Sunday I got out there about 8:30, let the kids sleep in. First cast in with clams same spot on the jetty. Got a nice hit drag was sailing out I know it was a keeper by the drag and fight it was putting up. After about 20 seconds I lost him. :D I think my circle hook may have been dull. Next cast another hit a small one about 16" brought him in to the rocks and he fell off. I threw out the next cast and had a knot in my spool all the fixings ended up 2/3 of the way towards drake jetty. Had a couple more hits and spent the rest of the day with the family boogie boarding and stayin cool. :D Talked to one guy who said they were catching a lot of stripers by the Lobster Pound at high tide Saturday. Another told me Kennebunk river was good lots, of schoolies. I love Vacationland. :D

P.S. Brand new Bait shop on rte 1 across from SeaVue campground Seven Rivers Bait shop.

I like Billys chowder house, but will try Mikes next time I'm in the neighborhood. :D

first night i was at the bridge on mile road then the next 2 nights i was at the beach behind the lafayette hotel