• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RockSteady

First trip to the Cape

4 posts in this topic

Im going to the cape the week of 8-19 thru 8-26 and will be staying in the Eastham area.

Can anyone give me advice on locations to fish and if there are any fishing piers in the area.

Any help will be greatly applreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Rock

I live and fish in Eastham. The problem is this hot weather has made the fishing a dusk or dawn endevor. If you were to get lucky it would take place off Coast Guard beach. We have been fishing that area with large fish coming while fishing sand eels on the bottom and casting striper magnets. A few nice fish have been on the sandeels with numbers coming on the magnets. Check out Black Beards bait and tackle

West is correct about the weather; but that is bound to change. The outer beach has been good off and on for the last couple weeks. The same is true of the Brewster Flats from Dennis to Wellfleet. You might want to check out the Sunken Meadow beach area too. Big Bluefish have been taken there off and on for a month now and also at Nauset Inlet.

Stop by The Hook-Up in Orleans for the latest on happenings in the Bay, Sound and Outer beach.

Just got back from the Cape last night, had a great trip and thanks to those who suggested Black Beards in Eastham, those guys are great.

8-20 went to Coast Guard and fished Sand Eeels early a.m. Caught nothing, the guy at Black Beards suggested Herring Cove so i fished in the PM, 5 to 8 blitz after blitz with huge Blues, saw a guy with a fly rod take a striper in the surf. It was like that the next couple of nights were the same, then the action slowed a bit on wed so i moved to race beach, so had the Blues, mind you, i love cathing Blues so i was having a blast even though i didnt catch any stripers i still had a fantastic vacation. One guy in the tackle shop said he got a 25lb striper on coast gaurd using clams..good for him.

Its good to be back home!