• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NH Dad

Tackle

5 posts in this topic

Speaking with a fellow co-worker this morning he told me about some heavy blue fish action this week-end. He went out for a ride to Hampton beach with a few friends and stopped at Browns Lobster Pound. He stopped because he saw a lot of commotion going and was curious. As it turns out the little river next to Browns was loaded with blue fish and fishermen. He said people were hooking up on virtually every cast and the fish were good size. However, as luck would have it he left his gear at home and all he could do was watch! :banana:

Just goes to show you, when it comes to fishing tackle - never leave home with out! You never know when or where the fish are going to be! :banana:

lol I think every fisherman or women for that matter should carry aleast a telescoping rod just for what happened here. I remember when I was younger feed big striped bass there of the back patio some real big ones too tey liked my fried clams and steamers.lol

Ha I have like 4 rods in my car at all times. Yes four you never know what kind of fishing you will need to be doing at a moments notice. Of course you have to pull over to hte side of the road go in a phone booth and put on waders and a vest. Superfisherman!

From May through early November I always keep a rod or three in my car, as well as a couple trays of bait rigs and lures. You never know when you'll need your gear.

Like DavidS, I stock my Jeep from May - Nov.

I call it.... "Opportunistic Fishin"