• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jetstripe

Hampton

17 posts in this topic

Fish Off the rocks last night.Started a little slow with a couple of schoolies,then wham a nice hit after a short struggle and going for a little swim brought in a nice 32"stripa.Then slowed down once again just couple schoolies,when i got the hit of something much bigger, drag was singing i knew it was the one.Almost spooled I had to tighten the drag to slow the ole girl down.Got it to the rocks my buddy plucked it out of the wash my biggest fish from the surf.Brought it to Elm St. bait it measured 42" and 26LBs. Bait was herring, tide was incomming.Will post pics soon.

Nice fish. Frame a picture for the wall, but make sure you tell your friends how hard it is to catch stripers...

Thanks to all if it where up to me and I could afford it the fish would be hanging on the wall.But on the grill will be just fine. I have a question about posting the pics they are comming out huge and it won't let my post it . Does anybody know the best way to post them.

Thanks to all if it where up to me and I could afford it the fish would be hanging on the wall.But on the grill will be just fine. I have a question about posting the pics they are comming out huge and it won't let my post it . Does anybody know the best way to post them.

Hey jet stripe,

You can send them to me and I can resize and post them for you.

I have photoshop at work.

Iamsaws@gmail.com

B) first he has to photo shop that 12'er into a 42 incher :banana:

way to go on the nice fish

B) first he has to photo shop that 12'er into a 42 incher :banana:

way to go on the nice fish

i can do that, but wont have to.

I once did that to a largemouth bass, my gramps still wont stop talking about it.

B) Jetstripe. What you need to do is downscaling the picture? Most paint program will do it for you automatically. First rescale the picture to lower resolution such as 320x240 then use Save As command under File and pick a lower bitrate type suck as 8-bit. Save it to Desktop and see if it is under 100K in size because this website limit is 100K file attachment limit. :fish:

Thanks for helping with the pic iamsaws your awsome. Im hoping the fall run will be as good.

THIS HAS BEEN PHOTOSHOPPED- Just an EXAMPLE of What it can do.

How big would this fish be? Al McReynolds record would be in trouble!

no-need-to-do-this.jpg