• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sapo

Drakes and Parsons

3 posts in this topic

Hey neighbors

Due to work, I got to spend a lot of time on the surf and river up there last fall and was thinking about heading up tonight. Any reports on bait fish, bait or lures to use, and oh yeah, sharks! B) I'll be the one with the wal mart rubber waders and brown cap, stop by and say hi.

Thanks

Sapo, If the beach lot at Parsons isn't full ,it should be a pretty good night there 7:40 low tide at Wells. I am going to give it a shot myself . Green slicker and a faded blue

penn international hat.( guy in between the fly guys with a spinning rod)maybe I will see you there.VT

Made it out to Drakes Sunday, 2 am, to find the beach too tough to fish due to weeds. Lost a few of fish fider rigs and some line off my reel. Moved over to Parsons and got tired of chunking for no results. Plugged the rest of the morning until low tide and didn't see a single fish pulled in, me included. Did manage to get knocked down by a wave and got a little wet. :banana:

Decided to stop by Seven Rivers Bait & Tackle to buy myself a plug to lift my spirits. Got a nice popper and black fly, but they didn't have the blue over white needlefish I was lacking. As I'm paying, I see one hanging from the shop owners rod by the window. I say "hey that's the color needlefish I've been looking for" and he tells me they're backordered. After a few moments of hesitation, the shopowner goes in his tackle bag and pulls out a blue over white needelfish and sells it to me. B) Any shopowner who sells me what I'm looking for out of their private stash will definately get my repeat business.