• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
surf rat

2007 Fishing License

6 posts in this topic

Thanks,

I applied last week and it came two days later.

SR- Thanks for putting up the links.

I was curious about CT.

My ME license came in last week.

BTW- Maine offers a free fishing weekend (no license required)...June 2 & 3 this year.

January 23, 2007

N.H. angles for fishing fees

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

DOVER, N.H. - New Hampshire could become the first New England state to charge fishers for saltwater licenses.

Proposed annual fees of $15 to $30 might be approved by state lawmakers this year, drawing protest from some amateur anglers.

Charter boat operators also are complaining about the up-to-$500 fees they face. ''We certainly have a lot of pieces in the pipeline, but whether all of it, some of it or any of it comes out, we won't know until June,'' Glenn Normandeau, chairman of the Fish and Game Commission, said during a meeting this week with charter boat captains.

The proposed fees are part of New Hampshire Fish and Game Department's plan to generate $5 million to avoid a long-term budget crisis. The agency estimated the saltwater fee could bring $1 million a year. (Published: January 23, 2007)

What other eastern states currently have requirements for non commercial Salt Water Fishing Licenses?

:lol:

Our Elected officials are always floating that this time of year. Sooner or later they will pass some new legislation charging us. NH now has a lot of Ma. type voters in their state so they just might pass something.

I was told this morning that "basically the feds are saying that if the states are not going to establish a license for a fee, then the Feds will take advantage of it through a Federal Recreational Fishing Permit".

FYI: New Hampshire had a hearing this the other night, it's probably what generated the newpaper report.