• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
foodchain

front runner

8 posts in this topic

Not specifics...but where were ya? I was out at the Saco River jette this weekend with little luck...but I was only there for an hour and just really for practice. Any day now! :D

went out all weekend no fish......had to go trout fishing. Where did you catch the schoolie? Warm weather and no rain should start things.

went out all weekend no fish......had to go trout fishing. Where did you catch the schoolie? Warm weather and no rain should start things.

I caught the one fish in he Ogunquit river, then tried the next day and got nothing. Maybe tomorrow.

I am guessing that good fishing in the Saco is still about 2-3 weeks away due to the prior weather and spring run off. No reports yet from Saco Bay Tackle company (although they report being stocked with bait)!!! Getting the itch bad! Got the gear ready...ordered some more Slug-go's this week and am pumped. What were you using? Bait or lures?

Tight lines!

Last year, May 8, caught a bunch of schoolies in a So. Me. rivah to start the season. Definately migrants.

This year, May 8 again, but only managed one small in an hour worth of casting.

This fish was about 12 inches, no sea lice and not overly bright like a fresh migrant.

I suspect this particular fish was a holdover. (I could be wrong)

I can also say that the O river does support hold overs as well.

Either way, the season has begun, thanks to the great weather of late.