• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CityStriper78

The fish are here!

53 posts in this topic

i personally enjoy goat hill beach. its at the mouth of bass river (beverly) and leads into salem harbor. its nice and quiet and usually produces a good amount of fish.

yeah we should try and get a meet together

good point tunaman, I my self have not even been out yet, so I have no reports, there should be more reports by the weekend. :D

Wow I tried to reply and it ended up a quote and then I got a flood warning. :D Guess I've been away to long. My kids and I have just finished turkey hunting and we all bagged one. Even my youngest 8 years old. We are now fishermen again. Looking forward to some good old worm and clam dunkin from shore at PI.

Tight lines soon to all on board.

i personally enjoy goat hill beach. its at the mouth of bass river (beverly) and leads into salem harbor. its nice and quiet and usually produces a good amount of fish.

Sounds good to me...lets find a night with good temps and good tides and do this!

Ok someone needs to take charge and pick a place date and time. I'm in and all lurkers are welcome they can sit in their cars and watch...

its gunna be around 45 saturday night with very little wind. the night time low is 8:05pm..

what you guys think?

its gunna be around 45 saturday night with very little wind. the night time low is 8:05pm..

what you guys think?

I'm not around this weekend.

maybe we should wait till later on in May, say Sat the 18th? Let's do Devereau or PI.

Are you guys thinking that we just get together soak some bait and shoot the chit? sounds like a good time.

Maybe around sunset time?

Maybe SurfRat will show up and film the whole thing!!

Yea that's what I was thinking...just take over a section of beach and lie to each other about fish we've caught and what we do for work.

I got skunked again last night...we did get a bite though which sure was exciting.

im not gunna have my lisence till june 16th so im not sure if i could make it up to PI or Devereau unless i take one of my fishing buddies

im not gunna have my lisence till june 16th so im not sure if i could make it up to PI or Devereau unless i take one of my fishing buddies

I live in Salem and I could pick you up if we can figure out what the hell is gooing on :D

I live in Salem and I could pick you up if we can figure out what the hell is gooing on :D

We should get a conensus on where we want to fish, marblehead or PI? then we can decide on the time, date, etc.

I"m leaning towards mhead cause I live closeby and seems most of you dudes do too.

Heard reports of keepers caught in the Danvers river....... post-471-1178848988_thumb.jpg

Hey boys lemme know how you do ;) I'll have to hook up with you all some time soon - bcyr, zippy, david s - long time no see. :D Good luck!

hey scoobe long time no see..

i was walking by kernwood bridge last night and saw some guy fightin a fish and by the way his rod was bending and drag screaming im guessing it was something big

THEY'RE HERE!

scoobe, I feel left out!! :D

long time no see you!

tight lines. that is GREAT news about the danvers river. See you guys there tonight???? ;)

Scoobe, how you doing? It's been a while. Last season was on and off for me, since I was traveling for work and it left me less fishing time. I don't want that to happen again.

I fish Devereux a lot, since I live near it. It's a good beach if people want to get together around here since it's easy to park at and small enough so we can locate each other. Some evening around sunset within a couple hours either way of high tide would be my preference....not my favorite beach for low tide unless you want to wade way out and fish the bar.

Hi citystriper, have we met before? Those other guys I listed because I actually know them in person.

David S, I've never had much luck at Devereux myself but I can't say I've fished it a whole lot. I only got out about 6 times last season with almost all of that at the Ditch. I think the last time I went out with Zippy last season he schooled me mackerel fishing. Seriously, it was like 10 fish to none... talk about fustrating! We were right next to each other using the same lure. It's not even like mackerel are picky fish! :D

Hi citystriper, have we met before? Those other guys I listed because I actually know them in person.

David S, I've never had much luck at Devereux myself but I can't say I've fished it a whole lot. I only got out about 6 times last season with almost all of that at the Ditch. I think the last time I went out with Zippy last season he schooled me mackerel fishing. Seriously, it was like 10 fish to none... talk about fustrating! We were right next to each other using the same lure. It's not even like mackerel are picky fish! :D

Hey Scoobe, I was just joking around, we have never met. Anyways, it's nice to see some posting starting to come back to this site now that we are in season!

i will be down on pi on sunday night, i have my last final on friday so maybe friday night i will be down to fish low.....

OK, so I'm a lurker I guess. Most days I just want to see who was lucky enough to go fishing. Usually isn't me :D Anyway, did go to Lawrence on Saturday Morning. Between my fishin Buddy and I we caught close to a dozen Shad. Motored from the Dam down river a couple miles to see how the river survived the floods. Lots of sand on the banks. Toilet Paper in the trees (not good decorations) Anyway, no big fish to be found (stripers). Primarily was looking for Shad. Only get a few weeks for them and an entire season for Stripers. Hopefully, the herring run is a good one and we can get back to live lining in a couple years. Best of Luck Fishing

I'm going to try Kernwood tonight...first time there...have to figure out where to park and where to fish etc...

well...there were guys around us using lures and flies and catching fish...one of them caught 3 or 4 in an hour period but we got skunked with mackeral...it was good to see fish coming in though. After a couple of hours we went back to the pier in front of my house and threw our lines in to pass some more time and a regular there pulls up in his car with a 30" striper in the trunk...he says "I just caught this at the kernwood bridge"

I never saw the guy there...either he was fishing some other section or he bought it at stop and shop or he was at a different bridge.

Nice to see a big fish this early.

im telling you herrin makes all the differnce