• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mark.B

seeking advanced scouting report

4 posts in this topic

The Curse of the redhead wife finally had to hit home, after 6years of crossing the pond to fish the cape during may and june i have had to relent and agree to go to Bl**dy france for 2 weeks. No fishing, as we have chosen a delightful village called trembley. population 60, 2 dogs, 1 cat and a carthorse. set in the middle of nowhere. The potential good news is I can travel over 22 sept to 6 oct. What is the fishing like this time of year on the cape or north shore. How cold is the weather( bear in mind you are speaking to a welsh cod fisherman who thinks -2degreesC is perfect fishing weather). How do rental costs compare for plum island and the cape (We pay average $800 per week for a cottage/2bed home in harwich/chatham) and finally, what chance of a seat at Fenway other than the bleachers at the end of sept.

Many thanks and kind regards

Mark.B

Not sure on rental houses but getting seats to Fenway may cost you an arm, leg, maybe an internal organ or 2 :D but as for that time of year.......I don't think it can get any better!!! Fish are moving, weather can be as nice as it gets all year or just plain crappy which is good for fishing anyway. If I had to pick a vacation for stripers in CC or PI those are the exact times I'd pick.

Just my .02 worth!

Good Luck,

DS

Good fishing on the Cape and Martha's Vineyard. Stripers should start migrating south and providing pretty good action. Enjoy your trip and travel safe.

That just about fixes it.

Many thanks gentlemen, see you on the beach later this year

Regards

Mark.B