• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sandman

Fish in Wells???

4 posts in this topic

Bringing the family back to Maine the 2nd week of July. Renting a house somehere near the Jetti. Anyone caught a striper up there yet? I've been fishing NH, and Ma. for stripers so far and nothing to brag about. Maybe if the stripers aren't there sharks usually show up once in a while. :wacko:

Not sure of the name but if you go down by Wells Beach, take a left and go all the way down

to the big parking lot. I have been doing ok in there not great, but ok.

Another place is the Moussam (sp) River @ parsons beach in Kennebunk/Kennybunkport. Take Rt. 1

north and hang a right at RT9. The road for parsons beach is on the right follow all the way down to

the end. Once on the beach the river is to your left. You can fish the Beach front @ the mouth or

fish the river. There is not a lot of water at low tide. You should fish the drop but keep in mind that

there is not a lot of water the closer you get to the low. There are some sea run brown trout as well.

Also doing well in the ogunquit river.

I live in York so if I come up with anything else I'll let you know.

Also I have never fished it but I'm hearing good things about the Saco river. Might be

worth a ride and talk to some of the guys.

Keeps (armand)

Sandman, If your down by the Wells Beach Jetty (not the Drakes-across from Wells), you probably don't want to go to Drakes (15 min. to drive all the way around and the parking lot is now $15). If you want to give the old legs a break (off the rocks), scout out the area around the Wells parking lot at dead low tide. This will guide you to some nice deep spots. Also try casting near the first pole marker entering the river w/ that 12 ft rod of yours. Parsons Beach, on the way to Kennebunkport (RT 9), take right on Parsons Beach Rd (you'll see a sign for a "horse crossing" right before your at it. No parking fee's but very limited parking (25 cars maybe). Midweek, early morning should be no problem. About 70 yards before you get to river (left on beach), send it straight out. If you like to Flyfish, you can wade pretty out (you'll see them). The river has a strong current and you catch a lot of seaweed. If its not too crowded, it worth some plugging or tossing some bait out and let it float (got a fat 36"er that way).

Good luck and have fun!

Hey Keepa and Meterman, You guys are the berries. Keepa which tide do you like to fish Parsons? Thanks for the input. Hopefully I will be able to explore many close by sites. I have a friend who's dad used to own the "Above tide Inn" just below the Ogunquit bridge leading to the beach. Right on the river. I have fished right off his porch and seen schools of sea trout swim by heading up the river. Along with a few monsta stripers with two or three pyramid sinkers in tow with them. I'll be in Wells from the 7th -14th. If you see a Monsta white pole with a kid or two near me stop by and say hi. It would be good to add a face to the names on this website. :wacko: Thanks again guys. Meterman, What do you mean "Old Legs "? hehehe

Tight lines to all