• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sandman

Wells report

5 posts in this topic

Well vacation is over, but had a great week in Maine. Fished at almost every opportunity. Fished the Jetty at Wells beach mostly. Had a few good hits but couldn't land any. Always seems as soon as you let your guard down that's when they would hit. Saw quite a few stripers caught mostly released, on both the river side and beach side. A young kid told me that 8 or 9 blues were caught the night before at the end of the jetty last Wednesday the 11th. Fished Parsons beach in the rain had a couple gentlemen in waders out in the mouth so I didn't want to crowd them. Didn't see anything reeled in. Caught a 23" off the wells beach one night at high tide using clams after getting a tip that afternoon from someone on the jetty telling me his dad had caught one ion the beach the previous night. I also fished at the Ogunquit river mouth saw an older gentlemen catch 1 keeper but nothing for us. tried some lures and clams. Caught a 18 inch striper at the bridge by Billy's Chowder house at high tide. Saw pogies being caught in the marsh, a guy in the bait shop said they haven't seen pogies for years. 6 of us went out for 1/2 day trip on the Ugly Anne out of Perkins cove. Thanks again to the crew on board. It was a lot of fun.Three keeper size cod were caught and my 9 year old caught a cusk, (very tasty) Lots of dogfish in the area but the kids don't mind as long as they reel in something. :P All in all a great vacation. Thanks again for advice from some of youz guyz. :wacko:

Thanks for the report. Sounds like you had fun.

Don't you hate it when the vacation is over :wacko:

im heading up to wells this weekend right at the end of mile road which is on the same road as the chowder house. last year i tried the jetti with clams and worms and didnt get anything. then i tried the bridge next to the chowder house with clams and a 4'' bunker shad and caught a couple small ones. then tried the beach behind the hotel right at the end off mile road with clams and herrin and caught a bunch of schoolies at the top of the outgoing.

hope that helps a little for the next time you go up

B.Cyr

Nice vaca Sandman and thanks for the report! If you were out on your on you would be cursing the sharks but when the kids get excited about them they don't seem all that bad! :wacko:

Thanks for the report Sandman. The area is a nice place to fish, albeit no so productive, especially during the dog days of summer from shore. But while on vacation, with or without the kids, the area is a great place to relax. I'm sure you did so.