• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redfish

PI Weekend

6 posts in this topic

I think the onshore winds didn't help this weekend but on Saturday (6:00-8:00AM) I did catch 3 stipers (20-22") on a mackrel patern Yo-Zuri surface crusier but on Sunday (same hours) I didn't see any action. I did all the fishing at Emerson Rocks. Also, didn't see anyone else landing any fish. Was anyone (NH Dad?) seeing any action on either end of PI?

Some really big fish are being taken upriver on live eels, sluggos and needle fish plugs. Best time is after midnight to about 3:00am and some as late as daybreak depending on the tide. Last Friday I was getting schoolies on the beach front using small poppers and deadly dicks.

Interesting? How far up river? I just made plans with my friend to go out tomorrow night on the flats. Or are they getting them farther up river..

Dan

I was hoping all the planets were aligned this morning as I fished inside the PI jetty looking for a few bluefish. However, the storm front never came through and it was a bright clear sunny warm day. :lol: Got there around 5:00 am at the turn of the tide, midges were bad, dead calm and no action. Guy next to me caught a couple of schoolies early and 1 1/2 hours of chucking plugs somebody hooked and lost a blue. Managed a couple of dozen bug bite welts and sweat filled waders but other than that - nada!

It was pretty dead this morning. I was out trolling for blues at the mouth and down to the refuge. Skunk city. I didn't see anyone in boats landing fish.

Saturday was better. At least there were some blues out front.

Interesting? How far up river? I just made plans with my friend to go out tomorrow night on the flats. Or are they getting them farther up river..

Dan

You should do fine at the flats also at areas where smaller rivers dump into the mack. Live eels are producing the best results.