• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NH Dad

Salty's Custom Lures

6 posts in this topic

OK - adding to my (wish) list of plugs, Hab's I've given up on (can't find) and I'm hot on the trail of Salty Buggers better known as Slaty's Custom Plugs. Surfland has a few of the Sheriffs (monster size) plugs but that's it, does anyone know where I can find his Needlefish or Pencil poppers? I tried First Light Anglers but unlike the name implies they don't open until the crack of Noon. :lol:

You can also order from website.Which would save you the hassle of trying to find a dealer that has stock..

all good advice here, order Salty's from his website and get hab's from this one:

http://www.surfcasting-rhodeisland.com/

I rarely buy plugs from stores anymore cause I can never find exactly what I want.

if you must buy at a store, try Rivers Edge Trading in Beverly, First Light is good too, so don't give up on them

I know this reply is late but just like city striper said rivers edge has salty's i was just there and saw a nice selection along with tattoo's and afterhours lures .The guy's name was Brian if i'm correct he gave me some insight on tying mono 2 braid they r also having a sale june 7th if i recall 15 % off.And yes Kay has them 2 i was there 3 weeks ago on the P.I. cleanup.

I know this reply is late but just like city striper said rivers edge has salty's i was just there and saw a nice selection along with tattoo's and afterhours lures .The guy's name was Brian if i'm correct he gave me some insight on tying mono 2 braid they r also having a sale june 7th if i recall 15 % off.And yes Kay has them 2 i was there 3 weeks ago on the P.I. cleanup.

Salty's is basically all I use, other than Bombers and Redfins

great lures that catch fish